TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
When you said you were whizzing, I didn't think it was in the "fast" context, I though you were wissing. :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Photos taken in Vietnam

998F2AB9-80B6-4816-AD25-32D5ADAC0538.png
E63EA996-E5E1-4073-8E9C-BE4FF7F7FA08.png
5200B9E8-C154-4C2B-AB64-851B39D19E1E.png
A157AA13-E7C1-4060-A75F-4B521112ECD4.png

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
These silhouettes are a nice surprise located all by themselves between Buckhorn Draw and The Wedge, Utah.
statue.jpg
statues.jpg

These are nice examples of what I see when riding.
Unsupervised, unprotected, unmolested public art helps keep America great.
The unsavory could have easily loaded this pack trail up in a pick-up and made off sucking some of the joy out of the route between a dramatic canyon with pictographs and a viewpoint overlooking the San Rafael.

·
Registered
62 Posts
While riding some of the county dirt roads I came up on a big rattlesnake laying in the middle of the road, I reckon he was in the process of going from one side to the other. I wanted to take his picture, but deciding he might climb aboard my bike, I gave him a wide birth and moved along.

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
I see the Ukulele crop is coming along nicely. Checked this one today but not quite ripe, F sharp could be a bit sharper.
ukelele.jpg

Folks hereabouts seem to have heard that all triangle headed snakes are poisonous and need to be shot whenever encountered.
sign3.jpg

Doesn't really look like a snake, but what the heck...shoot it!
sign2.jpg

I also sampled a bit of crystal clear mountain meltwater. Poorman Creek. Tasty, pure, but oh so cold. Likely snow a hour ago and a mile upstream.
stram.jpg

While not weird this was just too pretty to pass up.

creek.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
I also sampled a bit of crystal clear mountain meltwater. Poorman Creek. Tasty, pure, but oh so cold.
I am a steadfast believer that drinking nature's water will NOT make you ill, only make your immune system stronger. I've drunk water from clear, clean, creeks/rivers/lakes my whole life and have never been sick once. Of course - any medical professional that hears this simply claims that I am "lucky." Yet the Mega Millions still evades me... Cheers, Fred! I say let's drink to health!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am a steadfast believer that drinking nature's water will NOT make you ill, only make your immune system stronger. I've drunk water from clear, clean, creeks/rivers/lakes my whole life and have never been sick once. Of course - any medical professional that hears this simply claims that I am "lucky." Yet the Mega Millions still evades me... Cheers, Fred! I say let's drink to health!
As long as you stay away from "yellow snow" water :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I've also drank unfiltered spring and rain water my whole life and am that much better off for that, no chlorine and no fluoride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
Spooked a juvenile bobcat but didn't get his picture, same for flocks of butterflies and a solitary newt. Spring time around the 4,000 ft elevations is quite pleasant.
1CDD8A56-64E7-4309-858D-73CDEB510E9A.jpeg
A3D5ACF1-D6EE-485B-A0B3-4BFF71A27CCA.jpeg
Also saw some nice old stonework yesterday . Part of a long gone bridge abutment. There were remains of a second washed out bridge there, and I was standing on a third bridge. Low water now but must be scary at flood stage

1 - 20 of 29 Posts