TW200 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,776 Posts
These hang next to one of the trails I frequent. Mice or something must nibble the antlers for minerals.
Another nearby tree has a cat's collar. Apparently someone's Fluffy never made it home.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f3.jpg

·
Registered
19,776 Posts
I recognize that guy!
That's our EJFRANZ above working out last summer at 3,000m elevation in the SweetWaters.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of crazy stuff while exploring off road, from cults to survivalists. There are lots of people doing weirdness out where no one is watching and I’m sadly used to it now.

What really gives me the “willys” is finding abandoned camp sites with downed tents and scattered gear. I always assume the worst and check the site and perimeter for the owner and thankfully never found them, yet. I want to never see/ stop again but what if someone...

·
Registered
439 Posts
What really gives me the “willys” is finding abandoned camp sites with downed tents and scattered gear. I always assume the worst and check the site and perimeter for the owner and thankfully never found them, yet.
Boy, I hear you! A couple of years ago I was hiking along the valley of a tight gorge and spotted something off up amongst the rocks. My binoculars revealed it was some strung-up paracord. I couldn't find a trail but climbed my way up anyway to investigate. I found a completely hidden campsite with scattered cookware and related shit scattered about the place. There was also a shredded up tent with a pile of old sleeping bags lumped up in the center. I reluctantly poked about with a stick, and luckily didn't find anything in the "remains" department. It sure had me spooked pretty good for about 15 minutes until I felt I had secured the area, anyway. As far as weird shit I saw today... I was riding down local forest road loop when I spotted a black Abert's squirrel on the side of the road munching down on something. It spotted me at the same time and kept eye contact with me as I rode by, turning its head to watch me pass. I locked eyes with it for long enough I almost rode off the road. Damn squirrel!

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
when your booper is safety equipment...

i just wish i had got a pic of 4 on a bike, with mom nursing her baby!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts