·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Woot!! Made it!

Now to get used to all the new buttons

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good. Glad to see things are back. Thanks. Will have to browse around and check out all the new things when I have more time.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you Charles! The new site appears to load much faster for me. I also think you moved the site just in the nick of time. Have you seen all the complaints on your old host? There are blogs and forums setup just to complain about how bad they have become! Apparently they got bought out and the new people came in and started tampering with customers sites for no good reason then they would no longer work from that point on. One guy caught them overwriting his config files. Some said they were down for a LONG time after they meddled with their site(months) and when they tried to leave they tried to charge them $35 termination fee. If interested take a look at:

http://fhemsher.blogspot.com/ <This blog wants to sue them.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6616_102-0.html?threadID=332256 <CNET forum about their horrible service

http://webhost4lifecustomers.ning.com/ < another complaint board about them

After reading about other sites having *so* many serious problems with them, I think you did a great job keeping the board intact and online for as long as you did.

Those of you wondering why the old board went down at times should spend about 20 minutes reading some of these posts and you will get a real eye opener.

As a server admin for a university, I am so glad none of my boxes are hosted after reading about this company.

Imagine Yamaha getting bought out and the new owners send incompetent mechanics to sneak in your garage at night. They attempt to change the oil on your TW and then leave the plug out. Bike burns up the next time you start it then the new Yamaha tries to charge you for trying to take the bike somewhere else to get it fixed for their meddling that you never authorized.

Thanks again for the new site and putting up with all of this mess at the old company.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Made the jump with little confusion. The new site is running smmmooth. Wow, it even has spell check... for those who reeealy (no names mentioned) need it. OK, OK I need it too some times. Thanks again Charles! Good job.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Great looking forum. I love it.

However, I accidentally hit the save button twice and and posted the same message two times. I went back and edited the second message so it said something different but would have preferred just to delete it.

So, that is my question. How does one delete a post? Tony

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the board, Charles. As a shopper, then a new owner, I was just getting comfortable on the old board... Then it went away and I thought I was halucinating

I really appreciate the great advice and instrux from the TW crowd around here. The ideas and suggestions convinced me the TW was the bike to get back in after a 30 year dry spell, and I'm loving it. I'm actually looking forward to maintainece and busy-work

41 - 60 of 299 Posts