TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Termination dust... first snow on the mountains across the lake. We are at about 2200' asl and when the clouds cleared a bit ago I can see fresh snow down to around 4000' asl. night time temps for the next few days around +1c - +2c with frost warnings. Winter is coming like a runaway train...

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Termination dust... first snow on the mountains across the lake. We are at about 2200' asl and when the clouds cleared a bit ago I can see fresh snow down to around 4000' asl. night time temps for the next few days around +1c - +2c with frost warnings. Winter is coming like a runaway train...
Follow the geese!!!!!

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
That is crazy I was working on my TW today in the Garage and it got up to 105F with a fan I think the high was 109F that is the reason all the people from Canada will be invading AZ in October.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
My Riding season is just starting!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
My Riding season is just starting!
Salt in the wound huh? All that's missing is the picture of tan girls in bikini's eating melting ice cream. You Sir are cruel!;)

Tom

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Salt in the wound huh? All that's missing is the picture of tan girls in bikini's eating melting ice cream. You Sir are cruel!;)

Tom
you got that right... good thing I like winter... no... I really do... at least I think I do. Show me the pictures of the girls in the bikinis with the ice cream anyway, I might change my mind

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks qwerty... that didn't help at all. now I'm wondering if a little warmer climate might be in order. how far south would I have to go for that? LOL

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
thanks qwerty... that didn't help at all. now I'm wondering if a little warmer climate might be in order. how far south would I have to go for that? LOL
I live a few miles from the Coyotes arena Hockey so a lot of the north border folks like to see live close and frequent the games.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

Tom
I start to work long hours soon as the smart ones head west I am A Gas man that turns the service on so as the people come back it takes time to get them on. and I live next to Sun City AZ.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Living north of the border is like being here in the NY mountains. Summer is short and winter comes early and leaves late. Here is my solution to the seasons. First you need a good garage, barn or car port. Second, a big wallet. Third, a TW for the good weather. Fourth, a nice side by side UTV like a Polaris RZR for hunting, ice fishing and snow plowing the driveway. Fifth, a good snowmobile for the dead of winter and if you have some change left over and love to fish open water a nice boat.

Here is my plan on how to get it all. Get a good paying government job and work it to retirement. Live within your means frugally most of the time. Retire with a good pension and hit the golden age when social security checks start coming. Marry a gal 8-10 years younger than you who has a good job and will work through your first ten years of retirement. This allows you the time and freedom to learn how to use all these toys while she brings home the extra cash to support all these new adventures by yourself or with your other retired pals. Every week you must absolutely plan to spend two days around the house, her days off, taking care of the Honey Do list and just being an attentive, loving husband while planning your adventures for the coming week. As long as you keep things repaired around the house, lawns mowed, trash out, her car clean and working right you should be good to go all week long while she is at work.

I can't yet advise you how this works when she hits the golden age of retirement, not there yet but also not too sure I am looking forward to it. it is working pretty good right now and for the next 8-10 years. She can only take me mopping around the house in small doses any way and by Sunday afternoon she is happy to pack my gear for the weeks adventures.:)

GaryL

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I remember my first Winter in the Mohawk Valley...I had just returned from the Heat and Humidity of Vietnam, was stationed at Rome, NY{Griffiss AFB} and arrived in August 1970....it was snowing by October and we ended up with about 300 inches of Lake Effect Snow off Lake Oneida and other spots...the piles didn't melt until July 1971 along the Air Base Runway....I did however learn to to Snow Ski and Snowmobile that winter....so it wasn't all bad:;)

Griffiss Snow 3.jpg Griffiss Snow Ridge.jpg Griffiss Snow 2.jpg

Photos of me at "The Griff" in December 1970 the Base Police Barracks Parking Lot and Snow Ridge, in Turin, NY, where I learned how to Snow Ski and Fall Down :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Living north of the border is like being here in the NY mountains. Summer is short and winter comes early and leaves late. Here is my solution to the seasons. First you need a good garage, barn or car port. Second, a big wallet. Third, a TW for the good weather. Fourth, a nice side by side UTV like a Polaris RZR for hunting, ice fishing and snow plowing the driveway. Fifth, a good snowmobile for the dead of winter and if you have some change left over and love to fish open water a nice boat.

Here is my plan on how to get it all. Get a good paying government job and work it to retirement. Live within your means frugally most of the time. Retire with a good pension and hit the golden age when social security checks start coming. Marry a gal 8-10 years younger than you who has a good job and will work through your first ten years of retirement. This allows you the time and freedom to learn how to use all these toys while she brings home the extra cash to support all these new adventures by yourself or with your other retired pals. Every week you must absolutely plan to spend two days around the house, her days off, taking care of the Honey Do list and just being an attentive, loving husband while planning your adventures for the coming week. As long as you keep things repaired around the house, lawns mowed, trash out, her car clean and working right you should be good to go all week long while she is at work.

I can't yet advise you how this works when she hits the golden age of retirement, not there yet but also not too sure I am looking forward to it. it is working pretty good right now and for the next 8-10 years. She can only take me mopping around the house in small doses any way and by Sunday afternoon she is happy to pack my gear for the weeks adventures.:)

GaryL
Nice plan there GaryL. my life is similar but detuned... didn't get that good pension job until late in life, wife is 6 years younger and working for a couple more years. Sold my snow machine last year, but I down hill and cross country ski, kite-ski, snowboard and snowshoe.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Don't know about up north, but down here in Dixieland I married one 21 years younger, and it was working good until a drunk driver screwed it up.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know about up north, but down here in Dixieland I married one 21 years younger, and it was working good until a drunk driver screwed it up.
Life doesn't always turn out like we expect. OM peace.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
We got a kick out of going out to eat and wait staff asking me what my daughter would want. Being the smart a$$ that I am I'd pull out the phone and call and ask her.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts