TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?Fast & Furious? rifle capable of taking down helicopter found in 'El Chapo' cache | Fox News

This whole Fast and Furious scandal is being swept under the rug by the Main Stream Media. This was nothing more than an attempt to sell guns to the Mexican drug cartel, incite a "gun violence epidemic" caused buy firearms originating in America, and then they would have a "valid" reason to instill more "common sense" gun laws.

Don't you just love this country and especially this administration?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
HA!

I’ve never met a self-respecting deer hunter that needed a .50 cal Barrett to down a deer.
I don't get your comment. Mostly because you quoted mine. Which was a cryptic way of saying yes I love my country and no I don't love this administration. But how my comment had anything to do with a Barrett or hunting deer is beyond me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
HA!

I’ve never met a self-respecting deer hunter that needed a .50 cal Barrett to down a deer.
I have. Or at bare minimum a .300 Winchester Magnum. And believe me, they have waaaaay too much respect for themselves, or at least their shooting ability.
They must think I poison the bullets in my 7x57, because everybody knows that won't kill a deer.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Guess my comment to Mallory would be..."Since When is the 2nd Amendment about Deer Hunting, you F**king Moron?

As far as the Country/Administration Question?

I despise the states and people that Voted for the Kenyan Bastard Child{which include my state}, so that is about 50/50 ...as far as this Administration.....No, Hell No, they should all be strung up with a rope from the nearest tree....after a fair trial of course;)

One only needs to see the movie "13 Hours" to know what Obama and Killary are all about:

Behngazi 13.jpg Behngazi Obama.jpg Behngazi White House.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why do democrats try to take my constitutional right to bear arms, and equate it with deer hunting ? Next, they'll tell us we need a "deer hunting license" to possess, own, purchase, or carry a firearm ? The second amendment is not about deer hunting. Never was. Who gives a flying fart about deer hunting ? disclaimer : No disrespect to deer hunters, I have been one myself.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
^^^^guess it's time for a shower, after even commenting on these sons a bitches, I feel filthy all over...:mad:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Sorry, I liked your yes / no comment. Deer hunting comment recently in the debates reinforces yes / no comment.

should have posted this link too:

Gotcha. I knew you weren't being critical, with a handle and profile picture like your's that wasn't possible, but I couldn't figure out what I was missing. In my defense, I don't watch TV.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Proud of America / Ashamed of the Government

Once they have your guns, they have you.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".

Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
282 Posts
If I were going to put my money on a single candidate in the field right now I think that Clinton would be the safest bet. The right wing is failing once again at fielding an electable candidate. What will happen to gun rights then? The gun industry sure would not mind a President Clinton.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
If I were going to put my money on a single candidate in the field right now I think that Clinton would be the safest bet. The right wing is failing once again at fielding an electable candidate. What will happen to gun rights then? The gun industry sure would not mind a President Clinton.
The people seem to be leaning toward deciding for themselves who an electable candidate is. We have been told many times over which of our candidates are "electable" and they lose every time. If Hillary gets elected it is game over for our constitutional republic. The tree of liberty is looking a bit parched these days indeed.

Tom

·
Registered
282 Posts
You didn't hear me say I LIKED anything I said, I'm just trying to be realistic. If we put a far right conservative against Clinton it is game over. If we put Trump against Clinton it's game over. He is an opportunist, not a conservative. As you can see from my avatar, I think that libertarian/conservative values are what we need to recover from the Bush/Obama years.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do I love this Country?

Do you love this Country?

Right now this Country is run by a Mob, no different than La Cosa Nostra.

I'm no nuclear psychiatrist, but I can see that at least 51% of this nation are idiots. That's what keeps on electing this Mob as our "fearless leaders". Why are they "fearless".

The right is no different than the left or they would call them out like I did here.

General Petraeus went to prison for divulging classified information.

We are about to promote Hillary to president for the same crime.

You will never see it.

....until it is too late.

I am fearful. Fearful that this once great nation is doomed.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
You didn't hear me say I LIKED anything I said, I'm just trying to be realistic. If we put a far right conservative against Clinton it is game over. If we put Trump against Clinton it's game over. He is an opportunist, not a conservative. As you can see from my avatar, I think that libertarian/conservative values are what we need to recover from the Bush/Obama years.
I would love for Hillary to get the democrat nomination. She would be the easiest candidate to defeat in the general election in my opinion. I am no Trump supporter but if I close my eyes and plug my nose I could vote for him. Once! Cruz/Paul would be a fantastic ticket but would likely rally the democrats to take back seats in the house and senate. If that plays out nothing gets done to fix this nations problems. I have often thought about the notion that the vice president should be awarded to the loser of the general election. This would force the two sides to at least communicate their differences regularly and maybe even professionally. Just a crazy thought though.

Tom

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
There is a real solution to the Obama/Klinton Cabal

Rope 3.jpg Rope Repair Kit.jpg

Or just plain this:

Rope.jpg

Sadly most of the American People and RINOs in the GOP have neither the Balls or Brains to figure it out...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sorry to have hijacked this thread. Back on topic:

It is unbelievable dumbassery to give guns directly to the bad guys, and in the same breath want to limit them for the good guys.

The dark side has been strong lately.

That's the thing. The ATF gave guns to the bad guys, because they want to place even more Draconian controls on ownership by the citizenry. See, politicians and the mainstream media were all buzzing about the drug war going on in Mexico at the time, and trying to claim that all those full-auto AK-47s and M16s, not to mention heavy machine guns and rocket launchers, were all coming from US gun stores near the border. That was utter bs of course, since we aren't allowed to buy those kinds of weapons and therefore US gun stores don't have them.

So when the PTB saw that this campaign wasn't working as well as they had hoped, the bat-boys caused some semi-auto AK clones, AR-15s and a few Barrett .50s to be sold by US gun stores and subsequently end up being seized in Mexico. The whole thing was a setup so they could say, "See? We told you so!"
Stuff like that works because the average TV-watching American doesn't know the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and a machine gun, or a .50 caliber rifle and an artillery piece.

The mainstream media is so full of BS that I don't get why any person capable of a coherent thought would pay any attention whatsoever to them. If I have to suspend my disbelief to get through the intro to an article, why should I believe or waste my time on the rest of it?

For example, here is what the linked Fox article says about the Barrett .50 caliber rifle: "A .50-caliber is a massive rifle that can stop a car or, as it was intended, take down a helicopter."

No it's not, and no it wasn't. A 5"/38 naval gun is a massive rifle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5"/38_caliber_gun
A 20mm might also be called a somewhat massive rifle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oerlikon_20_mm_cannon
And both of these might be described as "intended to take down a helicopter."
Actually, when the mainstream media spews BS like this, their intention is that the uninformed reader/viewer equate a .50 caliber rifle with a shoulder-fired rocket launcher, just like they see being used to take down helicopters on their favorite TV shows: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-portable_air-defense_system

But a citizen can't just walk into his local gun store, plunk down some cash and walk out with a 5"/38, 20mm AA gun or rocket launcher, can he? He can (if he passes the background check and has 10 thousand dollars or so) buy a Barrett semi auto .50 caliber rifle, though. And by sheer coincidence :rolleyes: the antigun types have been trying to get a ban on those for years.

But back to that "as it was intended, take down a helicopter." Here is what Wikipedia says about the M2 Browning .50 caliber machine gun:

"It is effective against infantry, unarmored or lightly armored vehicles and boats, light fortifications and low-flying aircraft. The M2 machine gun has been produced longer than any other machine gun.

The Browning .50 caliber machine gun has been used extensively as a vehicle weapon and for aircraft armament"

That is the machine gun that fires the same round. Even in a machine gun it is only effective against unarmored or lightly armored vehicles. It is mounted on some helicopters, as well as Humvees and Coast Guard boats. But it is not an anti-aircraft weapon.

And the Barrett is not a machine gun. It is a semi-automatic rifle, which is not even close to the same thing. Sure, the military uses Barretts: as sniper rifles, not anti-aircraft guns. They also use Remington Model 700 bolt-action rifles in .308 Winchester, as sniper rifles. Does that mean we shouldn't be allowed to own those either (rhetorical question; the intended recipients of which aren't reading this)?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts