TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in websites to block. So far here at work my internet abilities have been hindered quite a lot. Most of the sites I use regularly are now Blocked, cant even check my email on Yahoo, (or yahoo at all for that matter). Articles posted here that go to some links no longer work, some ads no longer displaying on the page. Makes 11.5 hour shifts (no breaks, or lunches, just wing it best you can). Craigslist still seems to work as well (Poor Mudbug) so at least I can window shop while I stand here and count the minutes.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto Parts. Mainly phone orders. I get people at my counter but its prolly 4-1 ratio on walk-in vs shop sales from phone calls. Every year towards the end of the year (holidays) the walk-ins die and so does the Phone calls. Not sure how people avoid fixing their cars just because its holiday season.

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Well – if you get to choose your browser, try “Opera” – drop down “Menu” top left – select “Turbo”

Sorts out all kinds of blocked sites – (so I’m told) ……….. ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well – if you get to choose your browser, try “Opera” – drop down “Menu” top left – select “Turbo”

Sorts out all kinds of blocked sites – (so I’m told) ……….. ;)
Interesting site, we don't get to choose our browser or anything like that though

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My #8 glow plug went the other day, but I am going to wait to replace it. Too damn cold to work on the truck right now.
I have a list of things I want to do once the weather warms up. As I do not drive the truck every day I can wait to do these jobs.

Can you go through a VPN with your web browser? I know opera offers that choice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My #8 glow plug went the other day, but I am going to wait to replace it. Too damn cold to work on the truck right now.
I have a list of things I want to do once the weather warms up. As I do not drive the truck every day I can wait to do these jobs.

Can you go through a VPN with your web browser? I know opera offers that choice.
Working on them is always a pain. Glow plugs are never fun to mess with. Not sure what a VPN is

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
VPN - virtual private network
if it's IP is not banned from your network you can browse through the VPN and bypass all the security feature in your companies firewall.

·
Registered
209 Posts
VPN - virtual private network
if it's IP is not banned from your network you can browse through the VPN and bypass all the security feature in your companies firewall.
Yea, I'm sure the company would really appreciate him defeating there firewall. It appears to me, maybe the management wants him to get off the net and get behind a broom...but I'm just old school...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I'm sure the company would really appreciate him defeating there firewall. It appears to me, maybe the management wants him to get off the net and get behind a broom...but I'm just old school...
I work for a corporation. The location I work at is the nicest one they have because we stay on top of it constantly. I agree with what you are saying by them wanting us to do stuff, and im on board with it. when there is absolutely anything to do. the shelves our parts set on have even been dusted, you could get off he floor throughout most of this place is so tip top. The Biggest problem we have (and what is a large cause of this) is the budget which ironically is screwed because of the management in the corporate office. I work for people that spend money like they think the shits going rot in their bank accounts. Ive honestly never seen anything like it before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts