TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_2128.JPG Its just cool is all I can say.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I sat on a R-nine-T yesterday at the dealer in State College. Nice bike for sure.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is the BMW R NineT. The motor is a carryover air/oil cooled boxer from the last R1200GS Adventure with 115hp. It is super torquey too at around 90 ft/lbs. The cool thing is that it will lope along at 2K RPM and allow you to enjoy the road or wind it up and scoot like heck.

It looks super cool to my eye. The handling is very balanced and just does what you want a bike to do. The front end comes from the S1000RR race bike but with a rear end like the R1200R (R1200GS) with a single sided swing arm and shaft drive.

I am partial to adventure style bikes but if I were buying street bike this would be very high on my short list.

It also has a hand welded aluminum tank which looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I like everything about that bike. It is what a standard should look like and perform like. I think I will go bother the guys at Max Bmw and take one for a ride.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Here is what's coming next and it has the new engine..

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
In Europe there is a waiting list at most dealers for the NINE T because it's so popular over there. I love the way the NINE T looks, and its set up to customize,,, it would be hard for me to just go and spend more money to change the bike just to look different. I have a GSXR750 Red/Black/Grey stock paint job. I have never liked this stock paint job, I bought the bike used from a friend cheap. I have brought it to many track days thinking some day I will dump this bike and give me a reason for a make over,,, I have slide both tires in corners thinking this is the day I am going down,,, but never crashed it. Now it 14 years later and I still have the GSXR in boring stock paint. I got used to it now and actually like it more now than before. LOL But the new BMW Nine T looks great as is.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like everything about that bike. It is what a standard should look like and perform like. I think I will go bother the guys at Max Bmw and take one for a ride.
I bought a RT from Max BMW in New Hampshire, Are you going to that dealer or the one in New York,,,, I like MAX BMW much more than the average BMW dealership

1 - 11 of 11 Posts