TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really.

As I came out from getting ready for the day...whatever that means these days (laid up in cast), the kids had the finger paints out and were making pictures.

As they became less interested in the activity, I noticed there was a lot of paint left over. Grabbing a lightly used piece of paper, my daughter screams at me saying that that is hers.

Ooops.

My wife graciously offers me a fresh piece.

As I am dotting a sort of circle, and then another, the wife just kid of sighs...."What's wrong with you?"

With just kind of a smirk, I look up and ask "what?"

The lack of advanced colors and the 1/2" brush do rear their head, but a little colored pencil help to distinguish the shape.

Although she said it looked good, I could hear her contempt in her voice.

:p

The little bike may have broke me (actually, I broke myself) but my admiration for it has not been shaken. :D

Sooo, I headed out for a quick ride. ;)

It was a good day.:D

I ain't proud.

:booty:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
When I was 12 I ended up in a full leg cast. Finally one day when the parents were in town I couldn't take it anymore so I got on my motorcycle and went for a ride. It really wasn't going too bad until I clipped the neighbor's 4x4 mailbox post with the cast. Busted it good. Worse, I dislodged the two pins in my knee so I had blood seeping out around the foot area. I raced back to the house and tried to clean it off and wrap it with trainer's tape. But I couldn't get the blood out of the soft rolled part on my foot...so I knew I was busted. Strange thing was when the doctor removed the cast he noticed the holes were the pins were put in were infected and the skin becoming necrotic. Probably would have turned into a real problem if I hadn't busted the cast and they got a look at it.

I only mention it because riding with a cast can turn out to be a good thing. Just saying. :D

On the other hand, your picture sort of reminds me of therapy they do for people in the looney bin.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Inspirational Jeff, going to put in on the refrigerator? Hope you heal soon and get some more riding in before you get ice-bound.
Actually very good artistry...must be Admiral's bike since I don't get much air under my purple tires.

·
Super Moderator
5,154 Posts
Extended swinging arm - Clarke tank - custom seat - custom exhaust ......

Those meds are getting through huh ..........

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Fair question. This incident happened 5 years after I earned my MD.

However, for full disclosure, I have stated before, on this forum, that I never worked as a practicing MD, treating patients. My work was for DOE and NRC as a Nuclear Physicist, and DOE paid for ALL of my schooling, from the age of 13 and on. They had a need for an MD to sign off on certain inspections, and they decided that I could serve more than one purpose for them, so they sent me to Johns Hopkins to earn my MD.

Let's just say I am better at installing kick starter kits on TWs than I am at replacing the heart on a human being. :D
After your last post I figured you donated your heart in 81'.;)

Tom

·
Registered
13,654 Posts

It was a good day.:D
Awesome! Like they say "pictures or it didn't happen". In this case, it happened eh!

I saw this last night and I'm still chuckling.

Nice painting!:p

Now you can show your wife how much better you are at art than I am. :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^

Sir,

You hopefully realize how much I (and I am sure others) look forward to and enjoy your stories (hurry up with that book, dammit), but the throbbing in my leg at the time of reading simply just would not allow a "thanks".

It is because of your heart, and MANY others here, that I stick around this forum and have not ventured off to find another. It is also because of likes of this membership, that I am still visiting and confusing myself on all the cycle sites trying to figure out the best bang for my buck on safety/riding gear (really still not sure if I would have been all suited up for around the place, but...)

Although I am not presently riding, this site is still one of my first stops on the interweb (Drudge and CraigsList now in close second :icon_cyclops:)

With all that said, there may be something wrong with the site. When continuing to hit the "thanks" button for Mr, or Mrs, San??? Due???:booty:, it seems rather than stacking up my intent, it removes it :eek: :p

Now, keep it up!!! and tell us another. :D

:icon_thumright:

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Yeah, there may be a few things not to scale. I know for a fact Georgie's ears aren't that pointed! Some of the rest of you know that too! Giggle

jeffrolives is by far a better artist than I ever thought to be. He used colors and everything. Well, I did used colored paper! :tard:

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Great picture of Simon, forgot what a great little trooper he was.
When duty calls you sometimes just have to step in and take action. Like this farmer does:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts