TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my TW after 5 years of fun, 90 000 km and all kind of modifications and upgrades.
My family convinced me that I should get a new bike.
Just about everything was ready for a big ride to celebrate my retirement.
A 5 gallon tank, 215 cc for just a little more power and all the other little tweeks that made it my bike.

So yes they were right, I should not go bantering of on a 10 to 20 000 km ride on a 18 year old bike with
120 000km already done. Parts are hard or impossible to get here, always ordered parts from the USA, but that will be hard to do when I am on the move in Eastern Europe and Asia.

They don’t sell the TW here anymore, I looked around and went over to the red side.
Got myself a Honda CRF250L and guess what? Again with a little 2 gallon tank.
I will find a solution to get back to the 5 gallon capacity.

Over the years I have enjoyed the tw200forum,
Thanks folks and have fun,
Regards, Johan

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
For real, just because you had to go to a different bike, don't shut us out. Would be nice to keep up with your adventures. Keep us posted, you are still part of the family.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah feel free to stay with the forum....I replaced my TW with a CRF230L for smoother highway gearing but I still stick around and try to help out where I can.

Enjoy the 250L. I'm tempted to trade my 230 for one for the extra 8-10 HP, but its not a significant enough of a difference really. I'll just wait for a TW350 or a CRF350-450L...hopefully one or the other will be a reality eventually.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind reply's and yes, I will be around, after all this is an amazing forum with great folks.

By the way, I moved the handlebar from the TW to the CRF, so while riding nothing much changed.
That handlebar was original from a Yamaha XTZ750.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Good luck Camelrider....have fun on ol'Red (LRP.....little red pig).....they are great machines !. Yes, show us photo's of your adventure !.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed I liked the TW very much, all other bikes before that I owned for 2 and 3 years and did on them 40-50 000 km.
To be realistic, I will not return to the TW, they have not been imported here since 1996.
All parts have to be imported by myself, which is possible, I did that for 5 years, but a rear tire is very difficult to buy here, last one took me 9 months.
Importing a rear tire by myself is a bureaucratic nightmare.
By choosing the CRF, I choosed for more standard and readily available parts and tires.
Most likely, if I was living in the USA I would have continued riding a TW.
Also for the ride that I plan for 2015, the availability of parts and tires was important in my decision to go with the Honda.
So it is not only a question wich bike is better or more fun, in this case the logistics and geografy make the difference.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
Indeed I liked the TW very much, all other bikes before that I owned for 2 and 3 years and did on them 40-50 000 km.
To be realistic, I will not return to the TW, they have not been imported here since 1996.
All parts have to be imported by myself, which is possible, I did that for 5 years, but a rear tire is very difficult to buy here, last one took me 9 months.
Importing a rear tire by myself is a bureaucratic nightmare.
By choosing the CRF, I choosed for more standard and readily available parts and tires.
Most likely, if I was living in the USA I would have continued riding a TW.
Also for the ride that I plan for 2015, the availability of parts and tires was important in my decision to go with the Honda.
So it is not only a question wich bike is better or more fun, in this case the logistics and geografy make the difference.
Don't blame you one bit. Getting parts for some unique vehicles can really be tough. I like your choice of replacement. This model would be on the top of my list if I was upgrading.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You made a wise choice since the difficulty you were having obtaing needed parts. Stop back and let us know how you are doing from time too time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts