TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a commercial for a "smart" refrigerator that has 3 cameras in it so you can see inside from anywhere in the world. I don't mind that people want something like that but how much longer will it be before you can't buy a fridge unless it has multiple cameras inside? Those of us who don't want to be "smart" will have to pay for those cameras even though we'll never use them. It' even worse with cars. I don't want a computer with a car attatched. I just want a car.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Damn straight!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Color me baffled, but why does one need to watch the inside of a refrigerator? Home science experiments eyeballing the rate at which those forgotten leftovers grow?
Does this mean the light is still on when you close the door or are the cameras IR? Do they pan/tilt/zoom?
Can you direct your spouse to the ketchup from afar? "No hon, more to the left...your other left.."

Yeah, I'll pass. Don't want a fridge with an ice maker either. That's what those little trays are for.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ditto...on the damn straight ! That is the primary reason I do not own a "so-called" smart phone. Both my wife and I.....Ph.D. degrees and above...and we both refuse to own a smart phone. When the day comes (and I am sure it will someday) that they make a "smart phone" that is smarter than I am, that is when I will buy one. Until that happens, I really dislike how socially connected all these people are today, faces IN the phones, rather than looking at one another. Dining at a restaurant, and the entire family is staring at their phones, and not talking with one another. Drivers doing more texting, than driving. People walking down a sidewalk, staring into the phones, and not watching where they are walking.

How in the world did the human race exist, and interact with one another...100 years ago ?
I refuse to own a phone that's smarter than I am.

And most of those smartphones are smarter than their alleged "owners." It's like Skinner-Box crack for the brain - I see people sitting on curbs, frantically texting; doing it at stoplights - in the driver's seat. In stores and restaurants. It's like a compulsion!

No, thanks. I think the time is at hand when we will be REDUCING our tech use, if only because of cost, security risks, and economic retraction. I'm ready - I use my phone, ONLY as a phone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This will work out great for Big Brother because they'll be able to look into our fridge and tax us if we have unhealthy food. And if we don't give them access we'll have to pay an even bigger privacy tax. That's what will happen with the black boxes in these new cars. We won't have to give the government and insurance companies access to them but if we don't our insurance premiums will triple.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Smart devices allow you connect to people at any distance away from you, while ignoring the people close to you.
interesting twist.
Quoted fro posterity and with your permission, to be copied and pasted all over the world.

·
Registered
762 Posts
This will work out great for Big Brother because they'll be able to look into our fridge and tax us if we have unhealthy food. And if we don't give them access we'll have to pay an even bigger privacy tax. That's what will happen with the black boxes in these new cars. We won't have to give the government and insurance companies access to them but if we don't our insurance premiums will triple.
At some point, you have to resign yourself.

We, individuals, can do nothing. It is what it is. This is where owning a TW is SMART - it lacks all that computer crap; it'll run on a lower-grade of gas if it has to. It gets high mileage if the goobermint starts rationing gasoline use.

But we are now living in a tyranny. We can no more do anything about it than the Russians could, for all the years they were locked under the Soviet system.

·
Registered
636 Posts
..and live out their remaining years in quiet solitude, away from the masses, away from the stress, away from the demands of the government that wants to rule the masses.
The trouble with that is that it is so expensive. I would love to own 20 acres out in Gods own. But last I checked, were talking 7 figures plus for anything with water and trees.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Indeed it will get worse. The next thing we face is a cashless society. Sweden already has it and even the beggars on the street there hand you a government issued device. This means that today's children will have every transaction they ever make recorded and subject to government review. Buy a rake at a yard sale? It will be taxed. Buying too much junk food or ammo? Buy a book that's considered anti-government? Big Brother will know.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Indeed it will get worse. The next thing we face is a cashless society. Sweden already has it and even the beggars on the street there hand you a government issued device. This means that today's children will have every transaction they ever make recorded and subject to government review. Buy a rake at a yard sale? It will be taxed. Buying too much junk food or ammo? Buy a book that's considered anti-government? Big Brother will know.
The Mark of the Beast is coming (666). Everyone better get ready.

The Mark of the Beast

We've all been warned, no one will be able to say, they didn't know...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Rich, I must disagree, because... we, the people...do not have to resign ourselves to the whims and wishes of the government. I believe that...we, the people...can do something about it. The real issue at hand is...not enough people WILL do something about it. The vast majority will be the lemmings....and the sheep following the lemmings.

For those that can think for themselves, that can make decisions for themselves, can manage their own lives, without the need for government intervention...those are the FEW that will quietly revolt...and live out their remaining years in quiet solitude, away from the masses, away from the stress, away from the demands of the government that wants to rule the masses.
You probably don't know my history, although you might.

I've been on the political-discussion boards for sixteen years now; I was always a politics junkie. But the mood of the people has changed.

There were things we could do...I won't go into the laundry list of the things that could have been done after Sept. 11. But, take this depression we're in. It WAS merely a stock-market and real-estate CORRECTION - which periodically happens in free-market economies. Major players recognize mal-investment; they re-align their resources; the overpriced asset-value falls.

The real-estate bubble was caused by the Community Re-Investment Act. Market manipulation - which creates a distortion.

A year-long TAX HOLIDAY in this country would have cost less than "Stimulus" and have had corporate investment flooding in. Recession over. Instead, manipulation of the interest rates and over-regulation has kept a gloomy prospectus.

Elections could have solved this. Now, our system has the voters using the parties as vetting processes for candidates. But few voters are involved anymore - who controls the parties are lifers and idealogues who have agendas.

FAIL.

An Article V Convention of State Delegates to amend the Constitution, to reassert State Sovereignty, could have been done earlier - this is in keeping with the Amendment process of the Constitution. Term limits; State redress to over-arching Federal regulatory diktats. Recall of Congressmen.

The voters and State Legislators were terrified of THAT.

Now, it's crunch time. The ONLY way out of this mess right now is State Secession. It need not be violent, unless the dunderhead in the White House wants to make it so. The States petitioned to ENTER the Union; there is no clause prohibiting exit; and NO State signed an understanding that they could never exit.

This IS our last chance to escape tyranny. And people variously are terrified or mocking at the idea.

Salvation will not come from a deuce ex machina. God helps those who help themselves.

We're not doing much for ourselves, as we're being backed into a cage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just saw a commercial for a "smart" refrigerator that has 3 cameras in it so you can see inside from anywhere in the world. I don't mind that people want something like that but how much longer will it be before you can't buy a fridge unless it has multiple cameras inside? Those of us who don't want to be "smart" will have to pay for those cameras even though we'll never use them. It' even worse with cars. I don't want a computer with a car attatched. I just want a car.
My next fridge is going to be an EZ FREEZE (propane). It has no electricity. As far as my car, I will stick with my 1997 Ford F250 Crewcab (7.3L Power stroke) that has 287,000 and runs like a champ. I also don't own a cell phone.

I am in the process of relocating to the middle of nowhere..

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
"Smart" devices are doing nothing more than "Dumming" down our future generations. I simply can't fix my car any more and it is not because I am dumb or if it is then it's because I chose to remain dumb. I just hope that none of us die because some dumb bastard was texting on his "Smart" phone and runs our "Dumb" ass down. I will be the first to agree that all cellular signals be silenced in a moving vehicle, no service sent or received at all while moving. My own new Toyota 4Runner limited has a "Smart" radio that actually reads any incoming text over the speakers but it will not allow me to respond while in motion. There is of course ways to overcome that function but I won't use them. Instead I would prefer to make my radio smarter by having a key I can push to respond to the sender "I'm Driving, TTYL".

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Appliances get hacked everyday i see it from our data center.. they are a large part of some bot nets, especially the cheap IP cameras and DVR's..

Refrigerators the new hackers target.

Picked a lefty paper just for the fun of it..

"Smart" devices are doing nothing more than "Dumming" down our future generations. I simply can't fix my car any more and it is not because I am dumb or if it is then it's because I chose to remain dumb. I just hope that none of us die because some dumb bastard was texting on his "Smart" phone and runs our "Dumb" ass down. I will be the first to agree that all cellular signals be silenced in a moving vehicle, no service sent or received at all while moving. My own new Toyota 4Runner limited has a "Smart" radio that actually reads any incoming text over the speakers but it will not allow me to respond while in motion. There is of course ways to overcome that function but I won't use them. Instead I would prefer to make my radio smarter by having a key I can push to respond to the sender "I'm Driving, TTYL".

GaryL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I enjoyed your reference to 666 on post 16 littletommy. I took time to read that link. Speaking of 6 I heard this 30 years ago and I'm sure a lot of folks won't agree with the connection but at the very least you'd have to admit is that it is thought provoking. Using 6 to correspond with the letters of the alphabet.....a=6 b=12 c=18...... z=156 (26 x 6) you will find that computer comes to 666. I didn't believe it because I thought it wouldn't be that high of a number so I did the simple multiplication and addition and it worked.
The only thing that truly has the power to unite us into the predicted one world government is the computer. In some ways it already has. Not only that but it is uniting the global economy and a cashless global currency is coming soon. I recently saw the new method of payment that is supposed to be the future. You type what you want then take a selfie (blinking is required so it's not a just a picture) and then your transaction is complete. I thought to myself....the mark of the beast is supposed to be on your hand and forehead. How weird is that? You're using a computer in your hand to take a picture of your forehead. Are we already using the mark of the beast to buy and sell like was predicted?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I enjoyed your reference to 666 on post 16 littletommy. I took time to read that link. Speaking of 6 I heard this 30 years ago and I'm sure a lot of folks won't agree with the connection but at the very least you'd have to admit is that it is thought provoking. Using 6 to correspond with the letters of the alphabet.....a=6 b=12 c=18...... z=156 (26 x 6) you will find that computer comes to 666. I didn't believe it because I thought it wouldn't be that high of a number so I did the simple multiplication and addition and it worked.
The only thing that truly has the power to unite us into the predicted one world government is the computer. In some ways it already has. Not only that but it is uniting the global economy and a cashless global currency is coming soon. I recently saw the new method of payment that is supposed to be the future. You type what you want then take a selfie (blinking is required so it's not a just a picture) and then your transaction is complete. I thought to myself....the mark of the beast is supposed to be on your hand and forehead. How weird is that? You're using a computer in your hand to take a picture of your forehead. Are we already using the mark of the beast to buy and sell like was predicted?
How will you get the Mark of the Beast?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=understanding+the+mark+of+the+beast

1 - 20 of 25 Posts