TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you don't find yourself enough riding buddies in Western Canada, come on down and meet some of us Washington riders. We're all meeting up in mid May if you're interested.

I'll be in Western Canada tomorrow, we're (Star Chapter) riding to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary (no, you can't bring rifles) :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey TW Trooper, we aren't home right now but we are almost as "western" as you can get. We live on northern Vancouver Island but right now we are just completing our holidays with a tour of Ucluelet / Tofino / Sidney / Nanaimo and Courtenay tomorrow. Had some great rides on the west coast but chose to leave the bike in the truck in Sidney (crazy Victoria drivers!). We would like to do some riding out towards Hope area but wont happen until next year now due to lack of time off. Next big ride for us will be back home on May long weekend, group of family and friends are coming camping out at the lake. They all have Yamahas but no TWs, but I will wait at the top of the trails for their skinny wheeled machines to catch up!.
If you ever find yourself on the North Island and want to do some great trail climbing, just give us a shout as we are game almost every weekend for some trail riding.
Not sure if you have seen the members map yet TW Trooper but it shows locations for all over, just zoom in to your area and it will list all the TW riders around your area.
I wish there were more TWs close to us for group rides, but I have only seen two other bikes up our way since we got ours in 2010, so most of our day trips are solo rides / fishing trips.

Take care and ride safe, Chris.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I guess I will have to dust off my manners, polish my charm, and make an effort to get out and ride with some of you guys. I have been bouncing around the bush for 2 years solo. To be quite honest I bought the bike for work and have several other bikes but this one makes me feel like I am ten years old again riding in the powerlines, funny how that works.

I even double the misses on it on two up outings and she seems to like it as well. I have pegs and risers coming this week as not to embarrass myself on the trails and expect to bump into one or two of you who frequent the lower mainland (Vancouver, BC, Canada)

I will have a look at the member proximity page and start sending out bribes to attract riding partners. In fact the misses would probably pay $50.00 to the first person to get me out of her hair for a minimum of two days. Well it is a 5 am Sunday start to off to bed. Have a good weekend

Picture taken while working the Palliser River Valley near Radium BC Canada

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I had the pleasure of hosting a couple of fellows from Abbotsford and Surrey BC a couple nights ago. They were headed to Baja. One was on a Vstrom and one on a 600BMW. I put a notice for tent space on the ADV forum a while back and have had a few riders stop by for an overnighter. Always nice to share life in general with other riders.

Somehow I can never use riders and bikers in the same context as bikers tend to bring to mind patch laden leather and asphalt eating V twins with belt drive.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Welcome!
I'm in Maple Ridge, home of Blue Mountain - extreme single track. If you want to meet up for a ride let me know.
Also check out DualSportBC they have numerous rides and I am looking to connect with another TW rider from Surrey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome!
I'm in Maple Ridge, home of Blue Mountain - extreme single track. If you want to meet up for a ride let me know.
Also check out DualSportBC they have numerous rides and I am looking to connect with another TW rider from Surrey.
I think we should probably stick to this forum as it seems we are more evenly matched in terms of riders and machines. I rock and roll on forest service roads at 120 kph with some of those boys on my CB but it is nice to go out and explore and put around on the TW. I am finding one must find TW people for the latter.

If you found the Surrey TW trooper we should go for a ride suitable for TW bike and rider. That way we will all be on the same page. Let me know summer is blazing away fast.

The picture was taken at base camp near Burnt Timber Alberta 2015

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I guess I will have to dust off my manners, polish my charm, and make an effort to get out and ride with some of you guys. I have been bouncing around the bush for 2 years solo. To be quite honest I bought the bike for work and have several other bikes but this one makes me feel like I am ten years old again riding in the powerlines, funny how that works.

I even double the misses on it on two up outings and she seems to like it as well. I have pegs and risers coming this week as not to embarrass myself on the trails and expect to bump into one or two of you who frequent the lower mainland (Vancouver, BC, Canada)

I will have a look at the member proximity page and start sending out bribes to attract riding partners. In fact the misses would probably pay $50.00 to the first person to get me out of her hair for a minimum of two days. Well it is a 5 am Sunday start to off to bed. Have a good weekend

Picture taken while working the Palliser River Valley near Radium BC Canada

Now that is a TW in its natural environment! Love the rifle mount.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hello from the Koo-hoo-hootenays TW. Mine has been delegated to the grocery run due to the re-emergence of the V2. But perhaps a trip down Plumb Straight's way mid May might work. That is, if they'll have me. :p
Streamlined Box (Medium).JPG DSCN0041 (Medium).JPG

And why does this forum not position pics correctly?:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts