TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the date today for the Green Ridge ride. Saabug and I have been enjoying this ride for the last two years and we want you to to join us this year. I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon and get in three days of riding. The event ride is Sunday May 7th.
We camp at the Little Orleans camp ground, so get out your camping gear and come enjoy the weekend with us.

Western Maryland Motorcycle Association
Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride
Click below to view available registrations

View Registrations
The 6th Annual Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride

Event Details

Sunday, May 7, 2017

9:00 AM - CHECK IN (packet pick-up) - Pre-registration completed online is preferred.
10:00 AM - Riders Meeting
11:00 AM - All riders out

Over 100 miles of combined roadway, pavement, gravel, dirt, and unimproved roads/trails.

Long loop is 100+ miles.
Short loop is 50+ miles.

Motorcycles MUST BE legally tagged and insured with motorcycle-licensed riders.

AMA Membership SUGGESTED by not required. If necessary, click here to join or renew your membership.

The Dual Sport/Adventure Ride starts and ends at Little Orleans Campground and Parking.

Directions: Interstate 68 West to Exit 68 (Little Orleans), 6 miles to Little Orleans, Maryland, Follow signs to campgrounds.

Camping is available at Little Orleans Campground. Check their website for pricing and availability.

Breakfast

Breakfast will be served the morning of the ride. It will consist of bagels, donuts, coffee and juice.

Registration Cost

The fee is $40.00 per registered motorcycle.

Registrations received by April 15, 2017 will include a pre-entry packet. The pre-entry packet includes a t-shirt, Green Ridge State Forest Map, and directions for the Dual Sport/Adventure Ride.

[video]https://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge[/video]

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little Orleans Camp Ground

31661 Green Forest Dr., S.E.,
Little Orleans, MD 21766
301-478-2325

[video]http://www.littleorleanscampground.com/[/video]

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That looks like excellent fun.
I went to the website at the bottom of your post and watched the video of the guy crashing his r1200GS at an earlier rally. What a fool passing everyone like that on a dirt and mud trail. The trails look very nice but you can't screw around on a big behemoth like that.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/19067-greenridge-adventure-dualsport-ride.html[/video]

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/14773-attention-md-tdubbers-dualsport-adventure-ride.html[/video]

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/15100-green-ridge-state-forest-maryland.html[/video]

·
Registered
928 Posts
Short of some kind of family emergency, I will be there this year, rain or shine. Last year the rain psyched me out because I still had road-oriented tires installed. This year I'm switching to the dirt-oriented tires for the spring/summer/fall so I have No Excuse to not come out and play :D .

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Registrations received by April 15, 2017 will include a pre-entry packet. The pre-entry packet includes a T-SHIRT Green Ridge State Forest Map, and directions for the Dual Sport/Adventure Ride

·
Registered
928 Posts
Geeze, and April is almost here already!!! Where does the time go?!?!?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geeze, and April is almost here already!!! Where does the time go?!?!?
I hear that!!! At least we are making plans to ride and you will totally enjoy this ride.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We secured our tent site #5 down next to the creek. Supposedly it's one of the best areas but there's no hookups. I'm bring firewood.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very interesting!!!...May 7th.. Not too far away too. Only 6 hour drive....Is most of the riding off road trail, dirt forest road, or on-road? What would be the mix? How do the groups go out?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's a mix of dirt forest roads, jeep trails which are a blast. The bottom areas get snotty and slick. We do ride hardtop roads from time to time only to get to more trails. No single track but there are quite a few rutted jeep trails with huge mud holes and a couple hill climbs.
It's a good start to the summer and I wouldn't miss it.
Everyone starts out pretty much together then everyone rides there own ride.

I'm going Friday so I can extend the weekend of riding. We would enjoy having you join us.

Post #5 has threads from previous years.

·
Registered
928 Posts
:D Just made reservations for the rally and requested camp space. Can't wait to get there! :hello2:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very interesting!!!...May 7th.. Not too far away too. Only 6 hour drive....Is most of the riding off road trail, dirt forest road, or on-road? What would be the mix? How do the groups go out?
You Coming? You should snatch up Smitty Blackstone and Stagewex and make it a group ride. :)

·
Registered
20,510 Posts
Good plans Top Predator! Rounding up as many forum friends and others and sneaking a TW Group Ride under the wing of the Green Ridge Adventure Ride is an excellent idea. We West Coast folks waste a lot of internet space joking, anticipating and reliving the occasional Group Rides we do; good for you to do the same on the eastern seaboard. Certainly have enjoyed the Pine Barren and winter camping adventures I'ver read here. More por favor Señor!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Good plans Top Predator! Rounding up as many forum friends and others and sneaking a TW Group Ride under the wing of the Green Ridge Adventure Ride is an excellent idea. We West Coast folks waste a lot of internet space joking, anticipating and reliving the occasional Group Rides we do; good for you to do the same on the eastern seaboard. Certainly have enjoyed the Pine Barren and winter camping adventures I'ver read here. More por favor Señor!
I try...this will be the third year for Saabug and I riding Green Ridge and we can't seem to generate any interest. "For crying out loud" it's the first week in May...I never have anything going on at that time. It takes a lot of energy to pack up your stuff for a weekend outing but I tell you, I enjoy it so much that I'll never miss it. It's the perfect terrain for the TW and the area is beautiful. Hopefully I can get some of these guys off the couch. :hello: guys...you know you want to come so tell your wife or girlfriends that your going riding with the guys. :p

Think that will work Fred:D

·
Registered
20,510 Posts
:icon_thumright:Remind them if they don't come the'll just end up mowing the lawn and frittering away the weekend fix in' stuff around the house.
Don't want winter to show up again with the realization that some great riding opportunities were missed.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
:icon_thumright:Remind them if they don't come the'll just end up mowing the lawn and frittering away the weekend fix in' stuff around the house.
Don't want winter to show up again with the realization that some great riding opportunities were missed.

I guess it just depends on who rules to roost. ;)

Reactions: saabbug

·
Registered
20,510 Posts
Guess LuvNot rules her roost, she's gonna make it!
It is a good start TopPredator, now who else can you get to come? Do they know that for their $40 fee they get a t-shirt, a state forest map and ride instructions? It does sound like fun.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts