TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the information today on the Dual Sport ride in Western Maryland. The ride is Sunday May 6th but I will be there on Friday the 4th. I look forward to this weekend every year and I want to make the most of it.
I hope you all will join me again this year.

I will be staying at the Little Orleans campground.

[video]https://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge[/video]

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to attend this but seeing it is a 9-1/2 hour drive and 600 miles it may be wiser to look for something closer to home! :(
It might be worth it just to thaw out :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Jeez, I think I can actually do it this year and even have 2-3 days of free time before Sunday to settle in. Only negative is absolutely having to be at work the following day for a big job so I'd have to leave soon after the actual ride... about 5-6 hours to NY.

I'll send you a PM over the weekend. If a huge fat GS can do this certainly a little piggy TW can.
I of course might have to personally drop a few pounds :)

mike wex/stagewex

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeez, I think I can actually do it this year and even have 2-3 days of free time before Sunday to settle in. Only negative is absolutely having to be at work the following day for a big job so I'd have to leave soon after the actual ride... about 5-6 hours to NY.

I'll send you a PM over the weekend. If a huge fat GS can do this certainly a little piggy TW can.
I of course might have to personally drop a few pounds :)

mike wex/stagewex
I think we finish the ride around 4pm and by the time I get loaded up I’m on the road at 5.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry I wont be able to make it this year, always look forward to it. My son has an archery tourny in OC md so I will be beaching it. Not much chatter though here on the event. Dont let Rick have to spend the weekend solo. If anyones on the fence about going, dont be. Its always a great time. And the spam wraps are awesome. Would love it if we could put something together for another time like last year. Maybe in june.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is tempting, but I would have to ride the Versys this year. The TW is still out of commission with carb issues and I don't have the time to fix it right now. It would be nice to actually be able to complete the rally this time too! ;)
Hmmm... We'll see...

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is tempting, but I would have to ride the Versys this year. The TW is still out of commission with carb issues and I don't have the time to fix it right now. It would be nice to actually be able to complete the rally this time too! ;)
Hmmm...

I would not recommend taking the versys. Unless you want to invest in some serious dirt tires. Plus the rake angle on it would probally make it difficult to negotiate the trails. Plus you dont want to scratch that pretty new bike.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Got the dirt tires. Got the engine guards. Got the skid plate. The rake and relative light weight makes it easy to handle. The hardest thing to get used to is the sensitive throttle and instant engine response. Besides, I'm kinda craving the challenge after being out in Utah and tackling some of those trails. Loose sand and gravel will always make me nervous, but I thoroughly enjoyed climbing up and down the hills.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due to lack of interest, I won’t be attending the Green Ridge ride this year.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
I hear ya... :(

I wanted to get some stuff going up my way and had very little interest. There are not many riders around me I guess?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Top-pred,

I am still planning on attending based on your initial post. Been on my calendar since. Hoping I can get down there on Friday, May 4th if I can to explore the area.
Or super early on Saturday. I'll camp if the weather permits. If not I'll fleabag it.

IMG_5211.JPG

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sorry to hear that TopPredator! I was still on the fence on this one, but this makes it a definite no.

I want to ride along the Mid-Atlantic Backroads Discovery Route in early to mid September and if you're interested I'd welcome the company. The route travels from Danville, VA up to Lawrenceville, PA at the PA/NY state line. It will take a little more than a week, but if you have the vacation, please do join me. I'll post more information in a new thread as the time gets closer.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts