TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
I think this is Rainman and his dad.

One of these days I'll have the camera on when I crash. Just ain't caught one of my crashes on camera yet!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rainman and his dad...hmm. That raises a good point, that perhaps I should front since I am relatively new to any type of forum useage/social media. What is the appropriateness of embedding someone else's video that I happen to like an want to share? (it started out with me just trying to supply a link, but it seems that the embedding is automatic when you add the link) Ok? Or is there some protocol? Or is it possibly simply not done?

·
Registered
19,384 Posts
Borneo,I would think that as long as one attempts to give proper credit when possible nobody should be overly offended. Shucks, I'm entertained for one.Dirt naps galore.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Rainman and his dad...hmm. That raises a good point, that perhaps I should front since I am relatively new to any type of forum useage/social media. What is the appropriateness of embedding someone else's video that I happen to like an want to share? (it started out with me just trying to supply a link, but it seems that the embedding is automatic when you add the link) Ok? Or is there some protocol? Or is it possibly simply not done?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong or unacceptable by posting just a link or embedding the video, we're gonna see it either way. As far as posting someone else's video, they are public after all. If the person who put it public, doesn't want it public, they can remove it or share it with only the folks they want to see it.

One thing you could do to avoid confusion if it's your video or someone else's, is post the name of the person who originated the photo or video. I would consider this a courtesy. For example in the video above, you could say something like "Published by Brian Hurst".

One thing I like about your Morning Coffee Series, lots of these video's have been posted in the forum, but are buried in pages and pages of threads and you expose them to some of the newer members for their enjoyment. Other video's have not been posted here and your bringing them to our attention, again for our enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i agree with admiral...just post "not my video" above the video...that should cover it...youtube videos get posted all over forums without worrying about who made them since they are public and anyone can click on the actual youtube link and see who made it...as long as you're not taking credit for making the video it doesn't really matter

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Hell, You can't claim to be a dirt rider if you have not eaten some along the way! I think it is pretty entertaining and even better yet, no one got hurt or dead.

We didn't have video cameras back when I first took to the dirt and I have to say I am very happy I can't get to re live some of my epic crashes. As long as you don't pull these stunts on the pavement you should be OK.

I always believed that any person who wants to get his MC license should be required to do some dirt time first. You will learn some valuable lessons and certainly some respect for the machine, terrain and you ability or lack of it.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
good video. riding in sand really improves your skills....

·
Registered
19,384 Posts
Rats, I don't normally ride upside down, what went wrong with photo post?
Somewhere I have the third photo in series of me in glorious snowy face-plant. Aaah, my mis-spent youth.

·
Registered
19,384 Posts
I just have a thing for yellow open face helmets. That is the older old one, retired long ago.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hell, You can't claim to be a dirt rider if you have not eaten some along the way! I think it is pretty entertaining and even better yet, no one got hurt or dead.

We didn't have video cameras back when I first took to the dirt and I have to say I am very happy I can't get to re live some of my epic crashes. As long as you don't pull these stunts on the pavement you should be OK.

I always believed that any person who wants to get his MC license should be required to do some dirt time first. You will learn some valuable lessons and certainly some respect for the machine, terrain and you ability or lack of it.

GaryL
Your last two sentence's are so true !.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Your last two sentence's are so true !.
Yeah Frog. I credit my dirt time with having saved my ass a couple times on the pavement. Had a front tire blow at around 50 MPH one time and I rode it to a safe stop and another time I hit a Racoon at around 30 and did go down but I knew how to roll from many dumps down on Cinder Lane along the old rail bed I learned on. I still have black coal cinders under my skin from 45 years ago that will probably never come out. You learn things in the dirt that are real hard lessons on the pavement. Spring time around here with all the sand left over on the roads is a very dangerous time to ride and no time to be hot dogging.

GaryL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts