TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the dub a week ago and I'm trying to bond. When I turn the ignition on the left front turn signal lites up, doesn't blink, just stays on, everything else works OK. I realize this is a minor thing, and not worthy of a 40 mile trip back to the dealer, but it's an irritation none the less. Should I pull the bulb, wait till it burns out or what?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I’ve never had to open one. Are they dual filament?

Standard automotive dual filament but I forget exactly which one since I switched to LEDs. Most likely the right filament died of infant mortality. You should be able to see the broken filament or use a test lamp. (Or swap bulbs if you don't have many tools.) If that's not it, the connectors could be loose. They are pretty easy to see after you remove the cowling.

Remember that ALL TW screws are JIS standard, not Phillips. The screwdriver in the tool kit should fit the lens cover.

·
Registered
20,182 Posts
1157 is the bulb's nominal designation. Available in both filament and LED. Both are also available in various wattages. I say get the brightest whether it be filament or LED.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Sounds like your "right" turn signal or at least the right running light is not working. Left is doing what it's supposed to do... light up when you turn on the ignition.
Check your wiring and then lamp itself. Call the dealer (is this a new bike) just to let them know in case it's something more involved.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine came from the dealer with them reversed. Apparently they are staffing that outfit with people who have been fired from MacDonalds.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Both front marker/blinkers should come on as well as the headlight as soon as you switch the key to on. If the bulb on the right is good but not coming on then check behind the cowl for a lose bullet connector. The dealer likely has nothing to do with this as these bikes come from the factory with all the electrics hooked up unless the handle bars were removed for some odd reason. I suspect you have a burned or broken filament in the right side bulb.

GaryL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Considered yourself bonded. Mine does exactly the same thing. Based on previous bikes, I have assumed it's a burnt out filament in a bulb, but I haven't taken it on yet.
I'm also wanting to replace the taillight assembly and rear turn signals so have been waiting to do it all as one job. It's good to practice hand signals!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bulbs are OK but I found a blue wire with a male end that isn't connected to anything, and I can't see anywhere for it to plug in behind the cowling.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The bulbs are OK but I found a blue wire with a male end that isn't connected to anything, and I can't see anywhere for it to plug in behind the cowling.
Just a guess from poor memory but if you trace the wires from the side that works you might find where that one plugs in has a double female connector in one of those rubber boots. One filament in each bulb comes on and stays on when the key is on so both of the third wires on the front blinkers could be plugged to the same connector.

GaryL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts