TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2008 that has just over 3100 miles on it and is in really great shape, cosmetically and mechanically. Wondering what’s a fair price on something like that? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
$2500 would be a VERY good price. $2800 to $2950 would be a fair price, and over that would be expensive. It depends a lot on what part of the country you are in and how many good TW's are for sale there at this time.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
That is heavily dependent on your local market. Could be $2500-3500. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The 2008 is beautiful. My favorite color combo. Good luck!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I hope you get it... :D
I’m in central va, he’s asking $1800 for it. Think I’m going to scoop it up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dealer in Cols Ohio has a 13 for 2995 without negotiating and had 912 miles on it, pony powersports. 3-4 small scuffs from a fall over.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
779 Posts
Good price at $1800, would be $2k now, $2.2 to $2.5 in spring maybe Here in MI?

Reactions: Catslayer

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Local price = Fair Market Value X Zip Code adjustment factor X seasonal adjustment factor + how anxious buyer seems to be - buyer's negotiating skills and ability to identify minor flaws.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Local price = Fair Market Value X Zip Code adjustment factor X seasonal adjustment factor + how anxious buyer seems to be - buyer's negotiating skills and ability to identify minor flaws.
Ah, that's why they're not free gee dang it! All that math pushes the cost up! :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It has stock sprocket setup on it which is 14/50. Will run tapped out about 60 mph or so, would dropping to a 48 on the rear improve that or would you have to go smaller. Not trying to reach a much higher top speed but seems to be wound tight at 50-55 mph. Oh by the way picked it up today, looking forward to putting a few miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. Changing the sprocket will help. You can change the front or rear sprocket. Front sprocket is cheaper, but more work. You could go to a 15. Rear sprocket is more costly, but doesn't require taking the case cover off. A 47 would be a good place to start. FYI One tooth on the front sprocket is about the same as 3 on the rear sprocket, so it's your choice. Check the sprockets and chain carefully, if they are worn you may want to change both sprockets and put a new O-Ring or X-Ring chain for long life trouble free...
It has stock sprocket setup on it which is 14/50. Will run tapped out about 60 mph or so, would dropping to a 48 on the rear improve that or would you have to go smaller. Not trying to reach a much higher top speed but seems to be wound tight at 50-55 mph. Oh by the way picked it up today, looking forward to putting a few miles on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
$ 1800:blob9::blob9: I'd be in the Pick-up or car with a trailer behind with "The Peddle To The Metal.:eek:nthego:

Gene aka:excalibur

Reactions: Leisure Time Larry

·
Registered
779 Posts
You will get used to the mechanical sounds, 55 is well within the operating RPM with stock gearing. Just my opinion, but getting gearing high enough kills the acceleration and makes off road gearing well off. Plus, it doesn't have the power to pull the taller gear, with me on it at least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts