TW200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Another beastie in my neck of the woods are scorpions. About the size of those hornets. They get under the bark of a fireplace log and get into the house that way. Waking up at 2am from a sting on my cheek is quite the shock! Stepping on one barefooted taking the trash out after dark is another.
Bats too. I'll get them in the house if I leave a window or door open without a screen 3 or 4 times a year and they too will fit under bark of a log. I now strip bark off fire place logs before bringing in....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Typically, the fangs of a Tarantula in shaped in such a way that, it's almost impossible for them to bite someone. They're kind-a curved upwards towards the inside of their mouth. Most of the zoologists and spider techs will tell you that, you kind-a have to push down on their body, in order for the fangs to be able to grab hold of your skin. In all the years I goofed around with them as a kid, and many, many friends also played with them, no one ever got bit.
Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another beastie in my neck of the woods are scorpions. About the size of those hornets. They get under the bark of a fireplace log and get into the house that way. Waking up at 2am from a sting on my cheek is quite the shock! Stepping on one barefooted taking the trash out after dark is another.
Bats too. I'll get them in the house if I leave a window or door open without a screen 3 or 4 times a year and they too will fit under bark of a log. I now strip bark off fire place logs before bringing in....
Why did I think about Little House on the Prairie when I read this post...? LOL

Reactions: Ken
21 - 24 of 24 Posts