TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for a while now, my front fender has looked quite tweaked. I honestly couldn't remember if it came that way, but it always seemed a little off. Either way, as I didn't notice any real issues with alignment/turning whilst riding, I just figured I boogered up the fender in one of my off-roading excursions.

This weekend I went out trail riding, and spilled the bike a few times, and then noticed it even more, and the bars looked a little tweaked as well. I couldn't really tell if it was the bars, the fender bracket, or worse, the forks! So I did a bit of research, and found that there was a good chance it was none of that:

I found more than just that video, but ultimately that is what I ended up doing, and SHAZAM! Looks like everything straightened right up. The fender is is aligned properly now, the bars look straight with the wheel, and with the bars, and it took like 10min to do!

What a relief that I'm not having to do a big repair after only 6mo of owning the bike. I have been pretty rough on this puppy thus far (been having a lot of fun I should say). Nearly 3k miles on it since the End of February. As I ride more off-road, the hope is that I beat this beaut up a bit less—though I guess I'll just be getting faster, so my crashes will get a little harder, hah.

Anywho, thought his might be interesting/helpful to know before you get too worried that you've tweaked your bars or forks. Something to try before you have to throw $$ at it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front wheel against a lampost always worked for me ....
I used a mix of pumping the front suspension, and slamming it against my leg :) ... didn't have easy access to a lamp post, and the other things I would've banged it against likely would've woke the wife up and sent my dogs into a frenzy ;)

I was doing that at like 11:30 last night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts