Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Whole Lot of Stupid out there...:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree. I would never go that far off course. I will make mechanical upgrades, add racks, front tire, etc... but I ain't gonna make it look like a different bike. I don't understand changing the looks to the point it is not a TW any more.

I get mad when I see cars chopped,cut, chromed and put in car shows. Never to be driven again! What a waste! Mustangs, corvettes, and challengers are meant to have the crap drove out of them. Not hauled on a trailer. Same for motorcycles. Drive them to their limits and above!

Now...That is my opinion. In the real world what someone does with their own property is their business. I might not like it but it's their's to do whatever. But I still don't like it!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't think it's too far gone... it could easily be set up as a "scrambler" instead of a "brat bike." :dontknow:

The TW is a great bike to mod, because it's cheap, plentiful, and has strong aftermarket support.

Personally, I enjoy seeing creative builds/mods, even if they aren't my style. :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
234 Posts
The only one hurt here was the seller. It looks like it’s in good condition, just stripped and refitted with different parts.
A 2015 in good shape sells for $3500 in the Seattle area. There had to have been a good amount of money spent for those parts. It’s depreciation to $2500 asking price is his penance. All that work and expense only to drop the value by $1000.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are you guys kidding me? All those upgrades and you are upset? That muffler gives that bike at least another 20hp, the all black paint... another 5hp... paired with the extensive weight-reduction, and pass-through aerodynamic qualities... this bike obviously does 100mph easy.

The price tag should be closer to $10,000 in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
For all we know unless someone actually contacts the sellers as in "why?" maybe it was a wreak or just parts cobbled together and they made something out of it.
Never going to be my cup of tea but have no problem with that.
If not then yeah, what a waste/I agree.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Whole Lot of Stupid out there...:(
And that Stupid thinks it has talent.

Can anyone explain to me why someone would want to express their creative individualism by ordering the same crap "custom" parts from Japan as all the other creative individualists?

And dont ever dare to use the word "restored" to refer to one of these P'sOS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Put all that extra crap on a 2015 and then try selling if for $2500? Like another poster said....a straight stock 2015 with 1800 miles is likely worth at least $3000...and this guy ??? Unless he cobbled together a parts bike...not likely...he pissed away time and money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some people prefer form over function. Other than the rear tire, it’s aight. There are crazier TW builds out there for sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chip,
Look no further.
I have a 2015 TW200 with only about 900 miles on the clock. Dealer serviced.
The bike is set up for the street with big bad ass Bridgestone tires. Also has a tail rack, aftermarket tach, extended shift lever and te, and more.
I can get pic's to you next week as I am traveling.
I am in the Milwaukee, WI area.
Reason for sale: Bike is just a bit high for me and with arthritis is both hips, getting on and off is a bridge too far.
I used the bike as my "In town" scoot. Battery on trickle charger over the winter.
PM me with your contact info and we will go from there.
FWIW, I have sold other motorcycles and I have always used sites like this one, club newsletters, or dealer assisted. Craigs List, IMHO, has proven to me that it is the "Big Con".
Best,
Howard

·
Registered
20 Posts
Been looking for a deal on a TW200 for a while. Saw this ad and quickly clicked on it with high hopes. 2015 with only 1800 miles for $2500.

What a major disappointment. WHY do people do this?? It's not even close to being cool and a complete waste of a nice bike. Stop it people. If you want a Van Van, buy one.

minneapolis craigslist blah blah...
Did you contact him and see if he still had all the stock parts?

Chip,
Look no further.
I have a 2015 TW200 with only about 900 miles on the clock. Dealer serviced.
The bike is set up for the street with big bad ass Bridgestone tires. Also has a tail rack, aftermarket tach, extended shift lever and te, and more.
I can get pic's to you next week as I am traveling.
I am in the Milwaukee, WI area.
Reason for sale: Bike is just a bit high for me and with arthritis is both hips, getting on and off is a bridge too far.
I used the bike as my "In town" scoot. Battery on trickle charger over the winter.
PM me with your contact info and we will go from there.
FWIW, I have sold other motorcycles and I have always used sites like this one, club newsletters, or dealer assisted. Craigs List, IMHO, has proven to me that it is the "Big Con".
Best,
Howard
If Chip isnt interested, can I talk to you about it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems like a great idea and way to devalue your bike quick.
He’s probably selling his 2018 F-150 with a piece of plywood instead of a bed and tailgate for $30K also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whole Lot of Stupid out there...
And that Stupid thinks it has talent.

Can anyone explain to me why someone would want to express their creative individualism by ordering the same crap "custom" parts from Japan as all the other creative individualists?

And dont ever dare to use the word "restored" to refer to one of these P'sOS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That craigslist ad is the truth that not all hero’s wear capes... the bike hath been...

...restored

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been looking for a deal on a TW200 for a while. Saw this ad and quickly clicked on it with high hopes. 2015 with only 1800 miles for $2500.

What a major disappointment. WHY do people do this?? It's not even close to being cool and a complete waste of a nice bike. Stop it people. If you want a Van Van, buy one.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/d/osseo-2015-yamaha-tw200/6950614546.html
I actually like it. I ride my TW on the street for commuting. I can’t afford all of the fancy stuff this owner has added, but it’s cool when someone can express him/herself through mods.

·
Super Moderator
4,860 Posts
The “customisers” serve a purpose – if you see something on-line and wonder what it would look like on a TW for instance

Looked at individually, some of the tanks and seats look really good. It’s not until you see how badly the combo works that you think again. Same deal with hollow mods, great in principle, and achieving it will teach you a lot – but I’m no fan of the end result

There have been “flat tracker” modified bikes on here that I still drool over, like the one below – but at the end of the day, that’s just me ……

d0058941_2105387.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Not sure exactly what the owner was going for here. Sort of a cross between a naked bike and cafe racer...I guess. Doesn't necessarily look bad, but seems like there of tons of other bikes he could have done this with for the same or less money. Not judging he's choice, but I think I'll keep my TW dirt worthy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts