TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I hope this polls comes up soon. I'm shopping!

I just bought a 2006 for $2700 with 475 miles. When I decided to make this my next bike I went to the local dealer, they had a 2009 with 490 miles they were asking $3,900. I had seen one on flee bay at auction or buy now with less miles than the dealer so I bought it buy now. The only cheaper late model bike was a 1986 xt350, kind of a pos.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Prices on TWs range from free to over US$5000 OTD.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The survey tool I have does not allow for multiple column entry (which is what would be needed to make this useful). So, the best way to do it perhaps is just to allow people to submit replies here, answering these questions:

What year is your TW? -

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) -

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) -

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? -

What did you pay for it? -

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) -

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll start this to show you how it will work. Copy the questions from my post and then paste them into your reply. Then answer those questions -

What year is your TW? - 1993

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - 7/2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Meridian, Idaho

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - Approx 11,000

What did you pay for it ? - $1,400

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Runs good and in good condition, had to replace rectifier/regulator, do some wiring work, and install new battery. Have since added wide foot pegs, new grips, replacement mirror, JC Whitney trunk.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Paid $1800. This is what I got:

What year is your TW? - 2001

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - July 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Gloucester, VA

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 1950

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.

Stock bike - Condition was great with no major overhauls or replacements(even tires!) required to get it on the road - definitely felt like a 9 year old bike though. Front brake was kinda weak cause it hadn't been used for at least 8 years straight, but ran fine and after some use the brakes got stronger, probably had to re-bed themselves or something after such long inactivity.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
How much? - $1800

What year is your TW? - 2003

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - 11/2006

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Whitesboro, TX

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 712

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Showroom condition, missing left side mirror.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How much? - $3050 out the door (includes a $50 'trauma center' fee by Mississippi, but does not include the sales tax I had to pay when I got them back to Illinois)

What year is your TW? - 2009

When did you buy it? - April 2010

Where did you buy it ? - Greenville, Mississippi

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 125 miles

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Showroom condition. I bought two of them from the dealer which were used in in the MSF beginner rider classes held at the local airport the previous fall. They were sold as new bikes, with the full factory warranty starting on the day I bought them. Yamaha gives the dealer a price discount to use the bikes for the class, which allowed the dealer to sell the bikes cheaper and faster after the classes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much? - $1500

What year is your TW? - 1991

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - October 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Famington, MN

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 515

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Excellent condition. Stored indoors its whole life.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much? - $3050 out the door (includes a $50 'trauma center' fee by Mississippi, but does not include the sales tax I had to pay when I got them back to Illinois)

If you buy a motorcycle in Mississippi you have to pay a "trauma center fee??!!" What... they figure that's where you're gonna end up if you ride bikes? Optimistic, aren't they? Does the state have a good rider training program? Prevention might be a better approach, no?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What year is your TW? - 1993

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - June 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - State Collage, PA

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 763, but I think the odometer was changed in a prior owners crash.

What did you pay for it? - $950

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) Bike was about 400 miles from my house. Decent shape, but was left outside for awhile and has some sun fading. Wouldn't idle needed a carb cleaning ($0)and a new intake boot ($60). Came with paper work and is street legal. Tires are so so. The previous owner threw in a bike rack as well. I think I did ok.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I started shopping for mine in April, 2010. I got a "firm" price of $4,300 in Pahrump, Nevada. Similar prices in Vegas. I am a resident of Alaska, and was driving up in May. The Anchorage dealer quoted $4,500. But, at the Big Lake dealer, I bought a new 2009, built up out of the crate, for $3,699, out the door. The guy was extremely helpful, and a wealth of good advice. I couldn't be happier. I wanted a new machine because I'm not a bike mechanic and don't want to be laying in the dirt looking for ball bearings or little springs. I'll learn from one that works. So.....

What year is your TW? - 2009 (brand new)

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - May, 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Big Lake, Alaska

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 1

What did you pay for it? - $3,699

·
Registered
63 Posts
What year is your TW? - 2005

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - feb 2009 (best time of year to buy a bike!!!)

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Helena, Montana

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 1800

What did you pay for it? - $2000

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - stock; great condition

·
Registered
701 Posts
What year is your TW? - 1997

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - 10/2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Potsdam, NY

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - Unknown: speedo changed to one with no odometer (!) PO claims ~3k miles, its still on (bald) stock tires, so its believable.

What did you pay for it? - $1300

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) -

Pretty much stock, needed some maintenance (chain lube, cables adjusted, oil change, needs new tires, brake lever busted off)

·
Registered
208 Posts
What year is your TW? - 1999

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - May or June 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Lebanon, OR

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - ~7500

What did you pay for it? - straight across trade for a 1985 honda XL600R (paid 1500 for honda the previous year)

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - new street tires, front and rear CycleRacks, 2 sets of sprockets. General condition was "like new".

·
Registered
32 Posts
What year is your TW? - 2010

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - September 2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Brookfield, WI

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - 0

What did you pay for it? - ~ 4100 inc tax, title, licensing etc.

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Brand new, stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What year is your TW? -1987

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - Feb 2009

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Boise, Idaho

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? -5300

What did you pay for it? - $300

Other comments (general condition, special equipment, etc.) - Yeah, it was cheap and somewhat worn. It was given to my Brother in law minus the seat. He found a replacement on ebay for $40. When he got tired of messing with the carb I bought the bike. Guess I needed more stress! Added Clarke tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What year is your TW? - 2001

When did you buy it? (Month/Year) - 7/2010

Where did you buy it ? (City/State, City/Province, or City/Country) - Detroit area, Michigan

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? - Approx 3000

What did you pay for it ? - $2,000

it was basically mint, aside from a few monster energy drink stickers the last owner put on it. they have since been removed.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts