TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced my 90* fuel filter last weekend. After it has dried out this what I shook out of it.:eek: Add photo from my computer as well.

20170707_191336.jpg

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'm impressed... how old is your petcock? I didn't think that much debris could get through the petcock screens.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mystery picture... Would like to know what it looks like...Any other way to link it in?

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
I saw the picture last night on my iPhone. This morning on my computer I can't see it. Weird for sure?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
No photo showing on my iPad as well.

jb

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Sounds like another Photobucket third party hosting issue. I cannot view the image on Mac nor Android.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like another Photobucket third party hosting issue. I cannot view the image on Mac nor Android.
Changed to google pics. I can see it on my pc.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm impressed... how old is your petcock? I didn't think that much debris could get through the petcock screens.
My screen on my reserve petcock has been gone for quite some time. Just been to lazy to replace it.:) Filter has been on way too long. 5yrs maybe. So if I run out of gas it really means I'm OUT.
I know I should just go get a new one, but nothing leaks and I carry extra gas anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I now know what was stopping fuel flow on my bike at full throttle.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I see the picture now. I think that's rust particles.

Reactions: elime

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
See how small the hole in the pilot jet is?

P4080024 (3).JPG

Out of all the debris you got out of your filter I bet there are many many teeny particles that would just fit inside that hole and get stuck there and if one particle did you would have "carb troubles!" and a poorly running motorcycle.

A good filter is very cheap insurance.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
See how small the hole in the pilot jet is?

View attachment 114906

Out of all the debris you got out of your filter I bet there are many many teeny particles that would just fit inside that hole and get stuck there and if one particle did you would have "carb troubles!" and a poorly running motorcycle.

A good filter is very cheap insurance.
And that's why I put on a fuel filter many years ago.:) Just need to change it a little more often.:)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I also think it maybe rust . what does the inside of your tank look like?

also what the hell is going on with this forum and pictures. I don't think it can be blamed on any outside site. we used to be able to down load pictures from our computers and not now....why?????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts