TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may need to remove the carb on my new to me 2010 TW. I need to know the carb designation so I can order parts if I need to. Also, what is a good source for carb components?
Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just go to your favorite online retailer and search by bike. Easy.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Your carb is what we refer to as a New Style. It has the throttle mechanism on the right side. 2001-2014 should be the same and if your bike is a California model you need to know that. Cali. Models have a canister on the frame in front of the engine.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Teikei mv-28 I believe. If you have a shop manual it will advise such data and it should be stamped on the side of the carb ( manufacturer that is ).

I have seen on the Yamaha site they are showing TW's with a Mikuni carb ?.....not sure if this is accurate or not?. Any of you current new TW buyer's confirm this. TIA

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yup, Teikei MV28 Here are the relevent pages from the manual:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I downloaded a Service Manual from the net, but couldn't find the carb info. I 'm wondering if I have a current version. The one I have says LIT 11616-06-26 Service Manual TW 2000/E. What do you have and where did you obtain?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible and fairly easy to remove the pilot jet cap while the carb is on the bike of my 2014 non Cal version? It looks like there is a small hole in the cap. Not sure what tool would work there.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
A small screw into the tiny hole, then pull off the cap.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have to wonder what the service manual lists as the correct carb for a pre 2001 TW is? Does it also say an MV 28 TK or something different which it certainly is?

GaryL
Gary, that info is in the "Specifications" section of the service manual page 2-2 & 2-8 for the pre-2001 bikes. It lists it as a Teikei Y24P-5C for the 49 state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts