TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking for a friend of mine who's thinking of getting one.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
55-60ish. After rejet. And lot's bigger than 250...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
250 lbs High 50's low 60's on the highway. Up to 90 mpg if I go slow enough on gravel roads/off road.
I think this is pretty close to the mark. It's real close to my average, and I'm 190. I think that there are lots of other factors that are much more important than pure weight.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hundred pounds extra doesn't make much difference. Wide load can add wind drag at speed. My mileage varies from 60 mpg to 99 mpg depending on what I'm doing. Yard selling gets high mpg. Hooliganism not so much. I've went from 245 to 180 and I get lower mpg at the lower weight because I twist the right grip a little extra when I feel good.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wind drag has a lot to do with it. I am 270 and get 65 with mostly pavement. In Moab through some of the toughest terrain you would want to run your TW in I used 2.1 gal in about 135 mi. One rider didn't add fuel and when we stopped he put 1.8 in his tank. don't think he could have went around another block. He was geared with a 55 rear and still did well with mileage and he is no small fellow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts