TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been a member a few weeks and don't own a TW yet but patiently waiting for the right deal to come along.

I think I found one....a couple hours away from me I found a 2006 with 4400 miles, tires look good and it looks super clean from the pics I've seen. Also, it has an OEM rack and side bags as part of the deal...title is clean.

Sound good? I'm ready to jump on it but would like some reassurance and a pat on the back from my TW community first.

Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
He quoted a price? A 2006 with 4,400 miles seems like a good possibility....not a garage queen. However, having good looking 10 year old tires is purely cosmetic. Tires get old and brittle even sitting in a garage. If you want to ride it gently and conservatively, no problem, but if you want to push things in the twisties new rubber would be an excellent investment. Personally, I would not ride a motorcycle with 10 year old tires further than around the block at 25 mph.....Tires are the only thing between you and road rash and those tires have lost enough ultimate performance in a swerve or max braking situation to make a difference. Of course, none of us plan on that....but....:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, I've been a member a few weeks and don't own a TW yet but patiently waiting for the right deal to come along.

I think I found one....a couple hours away from me I found a 2006 with 4400 miles, tires look good and it looks super clean from the pics I've seen. Also, it has an OEM rack and side bags as part of the deal...title is clean.

Sound good? I'm ready to jump on it but would like some reassurance and a pat on the back from my TW community first.

Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year!
How much?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I paid $2800 for my 2006 four years ago. Included helmet, shop manual, loading ramp, rack, two extra tires, 50 tooth sprocket. I agree with Rocky you will need tires and I replaced sprockets and chain around 5000 miles. My bike weeps oil and needs a lower base gaskets. I would offer $1800

·
Registered
416 Posts
I bought a 2006 for $2000 a couple of years ago, super clean, 1400 miles, just like new. How much is the seller asking for the bike?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was asking $2200 but will accept $2000.... Getting it today if it checks out when I get there.

In reference to the tires, I'm pretty sure this is the second set. If not, I will do what I have to do to make it safe.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
As an owner of a 2006... $2000.00 asking price seems pretty good if there are no other issues. Especially out here (East).

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
....In reference to the tires, I'm pretty sure this is the second set. ....
The tread depth on a new Bridgestone TW34 (rear) is 15/32. I got 8,000 miles out of my first set and they were only down to 6/32. (I needed all the traction I could get) You can figure it out from that. You have probably read numerous threads on the OEM front tire (Death Wing) here, so think about that too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He was asking $2200 but will accept $2000.... Getting it today if it checks out when I get there.

In reference to the tires, I'm pretty sure this is the second set. If not, I will do what I have to do to make it safe.
Woohoo!! Let us know, hope it works out! That seems like a good deal. From what I've seen Here in Oregon they would be asking 3500 !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts