TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I stopped at bogus question number one.

Good answer TWROG. I went a step further and copied the "Correct" answer. Anybody with a brain will see why we both quit after one.

The IPCC increased its level of certainty on human influence on climate change from "very likely" to "extremely likely"—an increase from at least 90 percent to 95 percent certainty, according to the panel's definitions.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Sea level rising? Check out the location of marine fossils on the North American continent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk
Science denier? Those marine fossils were relocated by Haliburton to try to disprove man made global warming!

Tom:D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Tom, rather than think of myself as a science denier, I prefer to think of myself as an idiot ignorer.
But how can there be so many idiots!!! Don't misunderstand, I agree with you, but the sheer volume of dolts these days is astounding.

Tom

Reactions: TWilight and Borneo

·
Registered
206 Posts
IMHO we're doomed already. The processes set into motion couldn't be stopped now if we could agree. And of course we can't, let alone structure a solution. I just wish we'd find another nice planet real soon. But then, that would require some agreement too. Anybody see the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with the lovely Jennifer Connolly (damn she's good lookin') recently. An alien dude, Mr. Wu, and the Keanu Reeves alien character had this exchange. Pretty much sums it up for me.

[Seated at a McDonald's, Klaatu begins speaking to Mr. Wu in Mandarin]
Klaatu: You've been out of contact for a long time.
Mr. Wu: I had a dangerous assignment. This is hostile territory.
Klaatu: I've noticed. I was hoping I could reason with them.
Mr. Wu: I'm afraid they are not a reasonable race. I've been living amongst them for seventy years now. I know them well.
Klaatu: And?
Mr. Wu: Any attempt to intercede with them would be futile. They are destructive, and they won't change.
Klaatu: Is that your official report?
Mr. Wu: The tragedy is, they know what's going to become of them.
[Both Klaatu and Wu turn to look at Helen, Jacob and Wu's grandson who are seated at another table]
Mr. Wu: They sense it. But they can't seem to do anything about it.
[They switching to speaking English]
Mr. Wu: I'm staying.
Klaatu: You can't stay here.
Mr. Wu: I can and I will.
Klaatu: If you stay, you'll die.
Mr. Wu: I know. This is my home now.
Klaatu: You yourself called them a destructive race.
Mr. Wu: That's true. But still, there is another side. You see, I... I love them. It is a very strange thing. I... I... I can't find a way to explain it to you. For many years I cursed my luck for being sent here. Human life is difficult. But as this life is coming to an end... I consider myself lucky... to have lived it.
Ride on muthas !! :abnormal:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
IMHO we're doomed already. The processes set into motion couldn't be stopped now if we could agree. And of course we can't, let alone structure a solution. I just wish we'd find another nice planet real soon. But then, that would require some agreement too. Anybody see the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with the lovely Jennifer Connolly (damn she's good lookin') recently. An alien dude, Mr. Wu, and the Keanu Reeves alien character had this exchange. Pretty much sums it up for me.

Ride on muthas !! :abnormal:
Makes me think of Chernobyl. The worst possible disaster man could muster. 25 years later it is a tourist destination. Now how about that carbon dioxide? The deadly gas that is gobbled up by simple plant life. I call bullsheet!

Tom

Reactions: WECSOG

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Four things.

1. Is global warming real?

2. Is it anthropological?

3. Is it a bad thing?

4. Is reversing/stopping it worth the cost?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thing is there has been no appreciable warming over the last decade (the reason the alarmist went from the global warming buzzword to the climate change buzzword). This is despite the huge addition of greenhouse gasses China and India have been putting out over the last couple of decades. The alarmists reason for this? If you look at the quiz they give you the answer, its the natural cycle of climate including el ninio. So, if the temp goes up its man made, if it stays the same or goes down its natural :)

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
hope for your grandkids you are right.

·
Registered
746 Posts
“On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method, in effect promising to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but – which means that we must include all doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands and buts. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see the world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. This “double ethical bind” we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.” – Stephen Schneider, lead author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Discover magazine, October 1989

“We’ve got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing – in terms of economic policy and environmental policy” – Senator Timothy Wirth

“I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis.” — Al Gore, Grist magazine, May 2006

Climate Change Timeline ? 1895-2009 « But Now You Know

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
1 - 20 of 52 Posts