TW200 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm working on this. One out of two.
Casper you’re a Rover guy? Nice to have another fellow Rover owner on the TW forum :). I’ve got a couple Defenders and currently building back up my ‘71 Series that was literally in pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Actually, this is my FIRST wooden ship model. However I am a skilled craftsman in carpentry, armor and weapon smithing, and machining. That experience translates over to modeling like any craft skill. The model is 3/4 done, and despite the small scale, sales and running rigging will be made on this ship. Not many people make 17th century ships with spritsail topmasts, but I like the older vessel with the more complicated rigging and elaborate ornamentation. You need lots of patience making ship models. So far La Couronne has taken two years, and will probably be done in a year or two.
Is that from a kit or is it scratch built. I must have about 20 wooden ship model kits. Bought them years ago. Panart, Sergal, Corel. Model Shipways, etc

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Finished the last of the punch list items today.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I can do some glamour shots and hopefully find a new home.

Then, on to the next one...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Finished the last of the punch list items today. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I can do some glamour shots and hopefully find a new home.

Then, on to the next one...
Will you be putting it up on Bring A Trailer? If so, I bet it would do well there...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
At one time I considered it but my dad's neighbor put his very nice 240z on BAT a few months ago and it didn't do well at all and didn't sell. He ended up getting $5k over his BAT reserve on good ol' Craigslist.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts