TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I keep getting a video in the lower right corner of my screen. It comes up whenever I go to another page. I’ve put up with the first post having half of any video posted being cut on half but this is getting to be a bit much.

Anyone else having this problem or is it time to move on? Hate to do that since there is too much good no,here but if I can’t see it it becomes pointless.

Just curious.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, I had the same thing happen when I used my Window$ computer. This little (2"x2") video would just start running. I didn't pay it much attention at first. When I did watch, I have no clue what is was for. Just like watching someone on youtube video their car engine. Weird.

Right now I am on my regular Linux (Mint 17.3) computer and there is no video in the corner. Must be a micro$oft/apple hack.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Adblock got rid of the annoying video that would play in the lower corner of the screen. I’ll just have to hope nothing good ever happens on the right side of any videos that people post on here.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I use an iPad on occasion. For YouTube videos, I always go straight to the YouTube App to play the videos as they are always cut off on the right side on here. I never bothered to ask Admin about it, but you could do so in the Site Help and Support section.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Sometimes one needs to make the TW Forum page full screen in order for linked videos to play without their right side being trimmed, or just go to Youtube as previously stated.

However original complaint sounds like adware, not exactly malware; however another example of how internet is being corrupted into an intrusive marketing device without our consent.. ADBLOCKER usually works but another free program to run parallel is MALWAREBYTES.

I believe the issue is not unique to this forum. A call to Apple tech support can often result in a good diagnosis and hold your hand through a repair, or correction, process

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Landscape or portrait makes no difference with the videos. Would rather not have to go to YouTube to watch. That usually ends up being three hours of watching videos and never seeing the one that I went there for in the first place.

I didn’t get too excited about the half videos since I figured that since I don’t pay to use this site and they need to pay the bills it was their little bit of ad supported whatever and I would just smile and go along merrily but it just seems to never stop.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Yeah – AdBlock should remove the offending video – but Apple mobiles will present another problem entirely

You can please most operating systems most of the time, but you can never please every operating system all of the time - ‘twas ever thus

As soon as we fix it – some clown will break it again ……

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Sometimes one needs to make the TW Forum page full screen in order for linked videos to play without their right side being trimmed, or just go to Youtube as previously stated.

However original complaint sounds like adware, not exactly malware; however another example of how internet is being corrupted into an intrusive marketing device without our consent.. ADBLOCKER usually works but another free program to run parallel is MALWAREBYTES.

I believe the issue is not unique to this forum. A call to Apple tech support can often result in a good diagnosis and hold your hand through a repair, or correction, process
it's really hard to make it full screen, when the controls are on the side of the video that is missing

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeah – AdBlock should remove the offending video – but Apple mobiles will present another problem entirely

You can please most operating systems most of the time, but you can never please every operating system all of the time - ‘twas ever thus

As soon as we fix it – some clown will break it again ……
i get the right side of videos downloaded from you tube missing, on my windows 7, i also dislike going to you tube to watch, as i get side tracked for hours

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No. Have logged in more in the last three days than I usually do and since installing adblock app the problem has gone away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts