TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I do a lot of riding on my TW and really like a foamy type grip. Helps keep hands and wrist comfortable from the vibes these little engines put out. I had Oxford heated grips for awhile but the hard rubber made my hands go numb and wrists get achy after a couple of hours. GRIPS

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I do a lot of riding on my TW and really like a foamy type grip. Helps keep hands and wrist comfortable from the vibes these little engines put out. I had Oxford heated grips for awhile but the hard rubber made my hands go numb and wrists get achy after a couple of hours. GRIPS
I always liked those. Grip puppies work well too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i need some new grips also.
Mine have become sticky, i guess from exhaust of autos or something.
they seem to be just slowly melting and sticky to my gloves.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the shape of those. Do they need to install over the top of existing grips? In my case, the existing grips are in really bad shape, so would just want to install them directly on the handlebars, if possible.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I like the shape of those. Do they need to install over the top of existing grips? In my case, the existing grips are in really bad shape, so would just want to install them directly on the handlebars, if possible.
Need to remove old grips first, not over old grips.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Keep all your grips where they are and put Hot Hands over them. Hot hands are the best grips in the world. Nobody should use any other grips than Hot Hands. Everyone should put hot hands on their TW.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep all your grips where they are and put Hot Hands over them. Hot hands are the best grips in the world. Nobody should use any other grips than Hot Hands. Everyone should put hot hands on their TW.
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll only be riding this bike in warm/hot weather. It would suck if the grips were warm.

·
Registered
167 Posts
what about larger diameter grips?

both the ones on the TW and the DR are so small that it causes my hands/fingers to ache trying to wrap my fingers around them.
Most of the time i windup with just the curve of my palm controlling the throttle and left side just resting on the grip.
The throttle does have a palm throttle and it does help some.

I thought i had gotten larger grips for the DR, but if they are any larger diameter, i can't really tell for sure.

·
Registered
336 Posts
what about larger diameter grips?

both the ones on the TW and the DR are so small that it causes my hands/fingers to ache trying to wrap my fingers around them.
Most of the time i windup with just the curve of my palm controlling the throttle and left side just resting on the grip.
The throttle does have a palm throttle and it does help some.

I thought i had gotten larger grips for the DR, but if they are any larger diameter, i can't really tell for sure.
I slid the Grip Puppies over the stock grips for that very reason. I have large hands and small diameter grips are brutal.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got the progrips from procycle. They are a thicker/softer rubber - mucho comfy. With my Kung Foo grip I need a softer grip ;)
Those are the ones i have on the DR. They are sorta comfy, but i don't really see that much increase in diameter.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Those are the ones i have on the DR. They are sorta comfy, but i don't really see that much increase in diameter.
They are about 1/3 thicker than stock, softer rubber and with all the holes more flexible. The stock are thinner rubber with spread out ribs - my hands would fall asleep with them (stock grips) on long climbs or descents. I was surprised how thick the progrips were when I cut off the ends to put the hand guards on - they seem to be holding up well also....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My stock ones are rubbing off onto my hands making my hands black. The stock ones are great till they break down. I'm guessing that's what's happening though google searches brought up nothing.

I prefer full waffle medium/soft Firm enough for control, and cushioned enough to take some of the impact on rough rides.

What vibrations?....you definitely wouldn't like a 2 stroke motorized bicycle. They're like riding a reciprocating saw.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts