TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first joined The Old Forum, (name of Graybeard) in the spring of 2008, there was an active writer from Australia by the name of Ben Parry. I was off the net a few times, and the last time, he was not on the forum any more. Does anyone know the issues?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Been around since late 2013, and I have not seen that name...only a couple of posters from Down Under and that name doesn't ring a bell...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I remember Ben Parry very well. He was very well informed and a real asset to the forum. Spent a lot of time in China as I recall on business.
He left quite a while ago now, and I think he may have deleted his postings. Do you remember Cyclepath? Same type of situation I believe.

:argue: Probably a gun control discussion. :D Or an oil thread.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Rhodetrip sez:

Probably a gun control discussion. Or an oil thread. :eek:

Nobody would get mad over those, would they??? :p

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks. Ben was very well versed in TWs and other bikes. From Perth, I think. He spoke of going to the Yamaha dealer in '87 with a relative and they had just got in a crate of 2 TWs. They looked these over and bought them both. I doubt he was run off by Mr.Q. Because he wasn't a coward. Tired of lesser sorts challenging him, maybe.

-- Dell; Greybeard in those days, and even grayer now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts