TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just the usual for my recent purchase.

New plug, cleaned & lubed air filter, new oil filter & full synthetic oil change (prolly overkill, but hey....why not : ), checked battery - all good, and a new 428 X-ring chain. Sprockets were in good shape, so just cleaned'em up.

Hope to get aftermarket foot-pegs, and bar risers next.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Second oil change since burning up my clutch. Bottom screen clean as a whistle. Filter had one spot clogged with fine debris. Lucille will be happy with the Mobile 1 racing 4T infusion.
What brand & size tank is this?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Setting up a new bike. Built rear rack from schedule 40 aluminum pipe, built and mounted a toolbox and rotopax carrier, installed bash plate, gps mount, and a few other little things. Maybe get out riding next! Going to be a fun change from big BMW GS Adventure. Might miss the suspension and cruise control, and a few other things, but way easier to pick up and more fun for what it is.

View attachment 205265
That's a nicely built rack!! Kudos to you sir!!

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yesterday took a 45 mile round trip Memorial Day Ride to the One Man Civil War Soldier Cemetery.
View attachment 205631

It is located in the Osceola National Forest.
View attachment 205632

So he was about 40 years old when the war started.
View attachment 205633

And lived about 30+ years after war's end.
View attachment 205634

I'd say that was a long lifespan especially considering the era he lived and that he survived the war.
He was laid to rest here; 30.386771, -82.318301
If interested, you can copy and paste the coordinates into Google Maps.
SGT Williams is buried about 150 feet south of a bend in the Middle Prong of the St. Marys River.
And, about 12 miles N by NE of the famous Battle of Olustee. However, I cannot say if he participated in that particular battle.

A bit warm and humid but overcast and no need for sunscreen with a slight shower of rain as I was headed home.
All in all a great day for a ride. Thanks to all Veterans, Past and Present, that make such possible!

Marty
Rode by there this past Saturday on the DR, and never even knew about this.....will have to check it out. Thanks for the coordinates.

I'm in J'ville, and get out to Osceola when I can. I ride a TW as well. You in Jax, Lake City?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Between the two, Jeff. Same county as majority of the Osceola and the cemetery is in.
Is your Avatar doing track days up in Jennings?

Marty
Ahhhh....good 'ol Baker County! Grew up/graduated there.
Yes, that is I at JenningsGP - Turn 6. You’ve been/ridden there I take it?

I got off work, jumped on the tractor (TW), and rode out just before dark. Interesting find there Marty.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Never ridden it. Rode up there at a friend's behest just to take a look about 13-14 years ago. Lady at gate let us in free since no big event that day just to observe for a few minutes and left.

Lotta nice back roads to ride in the area on way up and back. Well, for Florida anyhow as you know! Very little traffic to boot. But not as in Baker County Bootleg. ;)

As for the cemetery, isn't it refreshing to see something like that left alone without any vandalism? Especially when one can consider it a sitting duck tucked away in that oak hammock as it is.

By the way, "Welcome to Duval County" as that is where I grew up.

Marty
Cool! And, yes....some good back roads riding as you said....for Fla. Yeah, I started riding there Jan. '06, and was there A LOT in 06/07, so who knows....may have been turning laps there when you two were there :). I've turned about 8k miles at JGP....my true kind of riding! Still have the track/race bike, just don't go as often.

Was very cool to see it....just out there. Obviously folks know about it, and yes....thankfully no one has disturbed the area. I was in & outta there....the skeeters weren't following social distancing guidelines....:LOL:!

I'm about ready to get outta of Jax....wouldn't mind being back out in BC, just don't care for the daily commute especially with the upcoming growth on the Westside coming.

Ever up for a ride, let me know, and I'll PM my #.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Tell me about it! I'm a patient person, and was losing it watching them being held up by whatever it was! :D

Yeah....dude was very fortunate!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Did some exploring around Bethea State Forest and Osceola Nat. Forest with forum member SpeedyTide.

This is a road through Pinhook Swamp which is part of Impassable Bay headed towards the elusive Noah's Island.
View attachment 206175

This was the end of the road in front of the bikes for now. Have to come back with more daylight and perhaps when less rain has soaked our path.
View attachment 206178

Hung around long enough for a few pics at sunset.
View attachment 206176

View attachment 206177

About a 75 mile ride for me and 140 for SpeedyTide. 85 degrees when we met up and around 74 at ride's end.
It was a good ride! Glad to have a fellow TW'er around to ride & exlpore! (y)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Admiral, they’re not known to be here in NE Florida, but not to say they couldn’t be. They are more prevalent down South though.

Last weekend I was riding a few miles from this area, and came across 2 - 3-4’gators at roads edge. One dead (pic), and the other split into the water as I approached. The road was covered, so there could’ve been others hiding in there. I went on through versus turning back where I’d already traversed 4-5 sections flooded out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Finally threw some hand guards on the ‘lil’ ‘ol tractor. I did add a 2” washer onto the bar end insert on both sides, just inside the aluminum guard bar. The bar inserts fit nicely through the washer, so the washer stays put. Can zoom in to see. In event of dropping the bike, this will prevent dirt, mud, sand from being packed in between grip and throttle tube & grip and handlebar.

Have some new grips & fork boots on their way. Guess I shoulda waited on the grips before installing the hand guards, but oh well!

1 - 19 of 98 Posts