TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

What have you done with your TW today?

1M views 9K replies 829 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
I snagged this idea from the other forum I check daily (www.infamousnissan.com) because it is super popular there.

I replaced my old grips with a nice set of Pro Grip 714s ($9.99 shipped from www.motorcycle-superstore.com), swapped out my fuel petcock because it was nearly impossible to switch positions (Yamaha part for $17.49 shipped from eBay) and changed my spark plug just because I wanted to (NGK D8EA for $1.92 from Advance Auto Parts).

Then I went for a small ride with 2 friends. It was cold but nice to get out on the road again.

#3 ·
I rode mine to the Circle K and picked up a couple cans of Monster energy drink, tossed em in my new cheapo DeWalt topcase. Then I rode back and forth in the alley behind my back wall, making my dogs go crazy and my wife laugh at my childish behavior.

That shook the cans of monster enough to make them pop, drenching my tool kit and the tail of my TW in sticky energy drink.

This seemed like a good reason to try out the releasable zip-ties I used to attach the DeWalt case to my Cycleracks. They released wonderfully, making removal and (after a thorough washing) reinstalling the cheapo topcase a breeze.

#4 ·
Finished popping out the old inner races in my steering stem and put in some allballs replacement bearings/cups/seals, but its time for bed, so I won't finish reassembling the front end tonight. I've got front and rear wheel bearings on hand to do, and its dumb not to do it now, while the front wheel is laying on its side on the floor ...
Good thread idea!

#6 ·
I'm in the middle of doing some PM & personalizing on a '95 I got a couple months ago. The bike's still all apart but I'm making progress.

This was a productive day.
I re-assembled the front forks, sand blasted & painted the lower triple clamp, put wide foot pegs on brkts & painted, put a 15T front sprocket on, changed the stock front tire to a Shinko 244, fresh grease on neck bearings, and sanded burrs off an ebay YZ shift lever & painted.

#9 ·
Just placed my order for new tires (Shinko 244 5.10-18, Bridgestone TW34 180/80-14, IRC front tube and Bridgestone rear tube). Got everything for $178.35 shipped, which beats the $219.96 Motorcycle Superstore wanted.

Reactions: vwbobby
#5,120 ·
OK, so where did you get your goods?

Reactions: jtomelliott49
#11 ·
Last night I did some port cleaning on my "new" cylinder head, I just removed all the bumpy casting crap left over inside the intake and exhaust ports. This morning I finally installed my new front brake light switch into the brake lever perch. I've had it for over a month, just never bothered to install it. Then I rode it to work

#303 ·
That tdub looks amazing black and yellow

#14 ·
I went for a ride on my second TW (not the one pictured to the left -- paid $400 for it and it was supposed to be a parts bike but for some reason it is getting fixed up) this morning to make sure the base gasket was still leaking. It was but it ran like a champ! When I got home I started taking it apart. New rings, new gaskets, and a poor boy valve job ( lapping the valves) and new valves stem seals and whatever else I find wrong. Probably valve adjuster screws. I just hated taking it apart it ran so fine. It started on the second kick after sitting 2 or 3 weeks and then it never missed a beat.

#15 ·
took out my oil filter to checkout the junk ive been seeing on here. found very little on the filter but found some junk resting under the filter inside the case and some in the cover lower area. like resting places for junk. i have the screen type filter. cleaned it out put it back.

also checked what plug i had and the guy put in a dr8eix plug. was not tightened down to crush washer. just put the ratchet on it and it turned to easy to take it off. no antiseize either. i need to get some for that soon. started it for a few mins.

putting on hand gaurds and changing oil next week. had to order a new drain plug. gonna put maxima synthetic in it. guy before me used a vicegrip to remove drain plug.

#20 ·
Put on my T-dub sticker my brother in law made for me.

#22 ·
I can ask him if he can make more and see how much he would want? I go to the USA once a week so shipping wouldnt be a problem!

#23 ·
That would be awesome! I live in Milwaukee, WI 53202. Could you please ask if he could do black and white? If not the blue and white is pretty cool too. Thanks!

#26 ·
I didn't really do anything to my new to me 02 but I did just finish ordering a Jimbo Shield.

As well this week I ordered a sheet of 3M vinyl camo wrap,an 0-ring chain,front pads and an air filter.A rear Cyclerack will be next.

Tomorrow I plan on changing the oil and removing the right side engine case and replacing the gasket.The PO must have had the cover off and instead of replacing the gasket used gobs of silicone.

A valve check is also in order.

Ya gotta love having a new project.

Reactions: Darth