TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5420 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can ask him if he can make more and see how much he would want? I go to the USA once a week so shipping wouldnt be a problem!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can ask him if he can make more and see how much he would want? I go to the USA once a week so shipping wouldnt be a problem!

That would be awesome! I live in Milwaukee, WI 53202. Could you please ask if he could do black and white? If not the blue and white is pretty cool too. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If this is something that could happen for me too, I would like to pay for one as well. Please let me know. I take exactly what you have on your bike.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didn't really do anything to my new to me 02 but I did just finish ordering a Jimbo Shield.

As well this week I ordered a sheet of 3M vinyl camo wrap,an 0-ring chain,front pads and an air filter.A rear Cyclerack will be next.

Tomorrow I plan on changing the oil and removing the right side engine case and replacing the gasket.The PO must have had the cover off and instead of replacing the gasket used gobs of silicone.

A valve check is also in order.

Ya gotta love having a new project.

·
Registered
487 Posts
This past week, I started on several items on the 95 that I recently picked up. Bought and installed a used Jimbo shield. Fixed cracked instrument panel, painted all plastics with Rustoleum truck bed liner. Pulled and cleaned the carb. ( #118 main jet, fuel and drain screw on order ) shimmed the needle. Pulled and cleaned the tank.( new petcock on order ) cleaned the air filter. ( about 1 cup of grass seed stored from a rodent spilled out ) Waiting on used cycleracks rack and seat cover to come in. I only have about 20 more things to do before I can ride her. It is like therapy for me.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
There's a media blasting place by me that rents time on their equipment for $17.50/hr and I blasted two mufflers, an exhaust pipe, a swing arm, exhaust shields, and the rear frame for $16. I primed and painted all the exhaust pieces tonight (one silver and one black) and primed the swing arm & rear frame. I'll mix up some paint and do them tomorrow. Sue will be gone tomorrow so I'll probably cure the exhaust parts in the oven too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nick, Beefcake, RBM its up in the classified section

Cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I got way the heck out in the middle of nowhere and had a flat, on the rear. I walked five miles to the top of a hill where I could get phone signal and called for help, 4 hours later a laughing buddy with a trailer showed up. It's all fixed and happy now

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Installed my $22 eBay steel wide pegs. Only had to cut down the stock springs a small bit to make them fit perfectly. I'm very happy with how they turned out! Also replaced a bolt that was broken off in the bottom of my seat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just recently added a Ricorchet skid plate and now a Cyclrack rear rack. I am now fitting up a Tombstone windscreen. I have several other things added to my TW and will be adding more in the future. This is fun and addictive.How do I stop or when will I have enogh extras on my bike? Who else has this addiction? haha

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Yep, it was an old rusty nail, just the right size to really screw up a ride.

Did you have "Ride-On" in or just regular air? Don Bonito put in Ride-On in his tires and said in balanced the tires as well.

I tend to get back in the woods like you, and for a couple reasons am thinking about adding Ride-On.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Did you have "Ride-On" in or just regular air? Don Bonito put in Ride-On in his tires and said in balanced the tires as well.

I tend to get back in the woods like you, and for a couple reasons am thinking about adding Ride-On.

Full disclosure first. My shop sells Ride-On. That being said, we sell it because we are fond of it. I've got it in a half dozen bikes. A few years ago my wife and I rode the Continental Divide Trail from Canada to Mexico with two friends. We both had Ride-On in our tires and one of our friends did as well. The other friend felt it was snake oil. Three flats later compared to none for the rest of us and he started to reevaluate his thinking. I was running a Kenda K270 on my DR650 for that trip. Those tires usually lasted me about 4,000 miles and I figured that would be enough for the trip. I put a new tire on in Missoula, MT before starting the trip, rode to the Canadian border, turned around and rode the CDT to Albuquerque where we ran out of time, then my wife rode my DR650 from Albuquerque back to Knoxville, TN in 3 days in 100+ degree weather. By the time the bike got home it had 4,500 miles on it and still had almost half of its tread depth.

Longer life, better balance, and flat resistant. After that trip I started putting it in all my vehicles.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Sounds good to me.

"in all my vehicles". Didn't even think about putting it in something other than a motorcycle. Good point, especially for our jeep, which is off-road a lot also. . . and gets a few flats from screws/nails and what not.

21 - 40 of 5420 Posts