TW200 Forum banner

5361 - 5380 of 5420 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took it to the shop to have it looked over, won't get it back for a little while. In the meantime lots of fun stuff keeps showing up in the mail. New lithium battery, handguards, shift lever........

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looked at mine, just waiting for the intake valve then a lap job and assembly. Hopefully I'll be able to ride before Christmas weather is in the high 90's :D, time to ride!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
these last few days i removed the forks and set the sag and topped up the fluid to 135mm. i'm just waiting for my new shinko 241 to complete that part. then i changed the bars and installed my hand guards with flashing led signals and set up the new flasher and installed 2 diodes for the indicator bulb so they all flash nicely. while the headlight was out i installed a led bulb, and removed those mouse ears signal lights. then i installed my dashboard with a usb/voltmeter, and switch to turn off the low beam headlight , and a ball mount for gps. so far everything is working out fine, good first week, a couple more to go

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Been a busy guy there grewen. Now what are you going to do for the rest of the winter?
Other day I rolled up garage doors , sat on the seat looking out at the snow falling and made "Vrooom-vroom" noises.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Been a busy guy there grewen. Now what are you going to do for the rest of the winter?
Other day I rolled up garage doors , sat on the seat looking out at the snow falling and made "Vrooom-vroom" noises.
it doesn't take too much effort to find something to do in the garage. the wife bought a sxs ( she got tired of being left at the campsite this summer ) so it needs some mods done to it, that will be interesting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone else use their bike for mainly commuting on city streets with the occasional trail ride every few weekends? That’s what I do and I love it. Don’t need to go fast inside the city, and never take the freeways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Anyone else use their bike for mainly commuting on city streets with the occasional trail ride every few weekends? That’s what I do and I love it. Don’t need to go fast inside the city, and never take the freeways.

That's what I do mostly. Mine now has over 46,200 miles on it. That's a lot of scooting around on the little bike.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
What kind of tires do you use

I have used Bridgestone TW203 and TW204 mostly but right now I am trying out Shinko SR428. I currently Have the Shinko SR428 on the rear and my old Bridgestone still on the front. I will be ready to change the front one sometime this next year. The stock knobbies wore out really quick and vibration on the street would make your hands tingle on a long ride. I thought the stock knobbies sounded really cool on the street though, they made the 4 wheel drive hum. I have bought Shinko at very good prices so watch it. I just saw a set for 208.00 for both. That is crazy high since I usually buy both tires for about $150.oo or so but I think actually cheaper.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Actually out riding in light snow comparing stock tire traction to that from atv tire, exploring a bit while opening up some gates to make things easier for deer and trespassers to flow through. A fat bear or fat trespasser climbing over one had busted it so I had wired it closed a month ago so opened it up now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I changed my rear brake shoes, cleaned my chain, replaced a missing muffler bolt, greased my swingarm and went for a quick run around the neighborhood. My oil leak went away when I retorqued the head bolts but now it is leaking again. I think it may be that base gasket leaking again but it seems to be leaking more in front rather than the back where it was before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
big or small dent? I repaired a couple small dents in my tank recently, but i had to use filler and lots of sanding, then primer, etc
It's a fairly big one I think, I'm not really sure the best way to tackle it. I tried the glue gun puller route, but couldn't really get it to move. I'm open to all and any suggestions at this point haha.

Not sure why the image attachments died, but a couple pictures linked below (should be public).

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOqfNCK_B7tVGCSOIwEIn30fD-t86UUvH_rxcsfuxwDTgyuS-goWjbZhEPrRfzjJw/photo/AF1QipMcjyhiWNJY-c0Ev6pZNarR_5__Uh4lOl5OMJuz?key=VFN3OGxkZmxiMUhXUlBlR3p6aXJINTZubjlPa0lR

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOqfNCK_B7tVGCSOIwEIn30fD-t86UUvH_rxcsfuxwDTgyuS-goWjbZhEPrRfzjJw/photo/AF1QipNbZb-k2SWge0w2-KrOwyfaJCK_xMVCHMYiTRvq?key=VFN3OGxkZmxiMUhXUlBlR3p6aXJINTZubjlPa0lR

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Actually out riding in light snow comparing stock tire traction to that from atv tire, exploring a bit while opening up some gates to make things easier for deer and trespassers to flow through. A fat bear or fat trespasser climbing over one had busted it so I had wired it closed a month ago so opened it up now.
but Fred...the tire comparison?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's a fairly big one I think, I'm not really sure the best way to tackle it. I tried the glue gun puller route, but couldn't really get it to move. I'm open to all and any suggestions at this point haha.

Not sure why the image attachments died, but a couple pictures linked below (should be public).

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOqfNCK_B7tVGCSOIwEIn30fD-t86UUvH_rxcsfuxwDTgyuS-goWjbZhEPrRfzjJw/photo/AF1QipMcjyhiWNJY-c0Ev6pZNarR_5__Uh4lOl5OMJuz?key=VFN3OGxkZmxiMUhXUlBlR3p6aXJINTZubjlPa0lR

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOqfNCK_B7tVGCSOIwEIn30fD-t86UUvH_rxcsfuxwDTgyuS-goWjbZhEPrRfzjJw/photo/AF1QipNbZb-k2SWge0w2-KrOwyfaJCK_xMVCHMYiTRvq?key=VFN3OGxkZmxiMUhXUlBlR3p6aXJINTZubjlPa0lR
did you try compressed air? don't get in the way of the gas cap blowing off

·
Registered
13,348 Posts

Dents for me are badges of honor. Or it could be I'm too lazy and unknowledgeable on how to pull them. Oops.

I think the photo problem is a google photos issue. I've had a problem posting photos to the TWForum just before the update and in the Advrider Forum. I've seen someone else have a google problem in Advrider as well. My fix for the previous edition TWForum was to attach (upload) the photos directly from my computer. I have no experience with uploading/posting photos from a phone so I can't help there either. My problem was I could see the photos I posted from my google photos account so I thought it was fine but nobody else could see them. I did post a picture or two in the updated forum version but can't remember what post it was to go check.

The links to your photos work so at least there's that. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

How did you use the glue puller? I had a pretty good sized dent one time and tried pulling it from the middle and it did nothing. For some reason I started pulling it from the edges and worked it to the center and the dent was gone so good I never used any bondo or anything on it.

5361 - 5380 of 5420 Posts