TW200 Forum banner

5401 - 5420 of 5420 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I currently have 46,311 miles on my 1993 TW with no overhaul, a valve job was the most major work. I do recommend checking your cam chain guides at around 40,000-43,000 miles. I did change my cam chain guides at 42,000 miles when I did the valve job. I recall someone else had 50,000 and then swapped their engine out. I think they had damage from the worn cam chain guides where it caused a timing jump or similar damage. Keep that cam chain tensioner adjusted to spec.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Think Ken has well over 40,000 miles on his TW. I am barely half of that with a 95 percent dirt, 5 percent street bias.

Ooops, didn't notice Ken beat me to it. Lot more miles than me for sure.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Wow that's encouraging to hit that kind of mileage. I'm currently at 1,999.8. Trying to think of something cool to do when I turn it over 2k. And then 38k more to go lol.
You could buy you a jimbo screen, some brush guards for your bars, bigger foot pegs or a foldable shifter to prevent it from bending on the trail. Your bike would love any of these popular mods.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Finally!!!!!!!! I'got my Dub done and rode to work today a balmy 32C or 90F. I finished her yesterday and let her sit idling for a bit, no oil leaks or funny noises. The clutch grew more wonky as I rode to work and at the end I had no clutch. Checked the spring and I adjusted it on my smoke breaks, but I think I'll have to adjust the nut on the clutch pack itself. It feels way too light at the lever and both cable adjusters are set to the max.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Finally!!!!!!!! I'got my Dub done and rode to work today a balmy 32C or 90F. I finished her yesterday and let her sit idling for a bit, no oil leaks or funny noises. The clutch grew more wonky as I rode to work and at the end I had no clutch. Checked the spring and I adjusted it on my smoke breaks, but I think I'll have to adjust the nut on the clutch pack itself. It feels way too light at the lever and both cable adjusters are set to the max.
Cable disconnected? I dont think you can adjust the clutch itself.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
My new seat cover came in. I installed it and it looks great. I ordered from EBAY and it either is a stock seat cover or a great copy of it. It has the Yamaha logos and is cut just like my original and is the same color. It is just missing the foam poking through it now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Gave my TW a healthy, longing stare... (Explilative) winter! I then decided I should plan a ride someplace along the front range to find some snowless trails. I am experiencing a strong TW withdrawal, and I need relief!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Popped the cover adjusted the clutch nut, and happiness...........
Then as I came to work this morning, BAM! the clutch is gone again, I'll redo tonight and maybe add a lock nut, as thread locker doesn't work.

On the positive side I found out that Victor Reinz Reinzosil is fantastic as a replacement for the gaskets. I used in place of the base and side cover gaskets, no leaks(just do not over do it, and leave it to dry before adding oil and starting up)!
It's expensive, but worth it. I've posted a link of what the tube looks like if anyone is interested, I think NAPA should stock it over there.
:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed a new AGM battery last night, smaller than the one it calls for but has the same CCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hmmm, nice sticker. A melding of the VW logo and Tiger Woods franchise garb.
I like it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I currently have 46,311 miles on my 1993 TW with no overhaul, a valve job was the most major work. I do recommend checking your cam chain guides at around 40,000-43,000 miles. I did change my cam chain guides at 42,000 miles when I did the valve job. I recall someone else had 50,000 and then swapped their engine out. I think they had damage from the worn cam chain guides where it caused a timing jump or similar damage. Keep that cam chain tensioner adjusted to spec.
Wow 46 k plus miles on engine:oops:

5401 - 5420 of 5420 Posts