TW200 Forum banner

5421 - 5440 of 5477 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
got my tracking update for my Heavens seat i won on ebay, got $3 worth of gas and rode it to work.
Cheap on gas is a big plus on these bikes. When gas was cheaper I used to leave change in my locker at work in case I needed to fill up on the way home. I just rode mine to the parts store and grocery store today.

·
Registered
594 Posts
To Joburg and back? Better you than me, I did a commute from Centurion to Rodepoort for a while and I'm so glad to be out of that rat race.
No my brother, 265 miles = 425 kilometers which means I did a 6 hour Iron Butt round trip to Klerksdorp and back, it was fun, it's just the peak hour traffic during the last hour of the trip that was hectic as you can testify yourself

Here is a photo of me taken by the electronic toll road system camera on the highway

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
So Cornelis, let me see if I 've got this straight...you got a switch for your second hand yet somehow I don't see it being waved to switch on the traffic camera. Must be hiding behind your custom CornShield.

second.jpeg

Now me? I just put on some new pillow top grips yesterday. Old ones were very much worn down after countless years and miles.

·
Registered
594 Posts
So Cornelis, let me see if I 've got this straight...you got a switch for your second hand yet somehow I don't see it being waved to switch on the traffic camera. Must be hiding behind your custom CornShield.
Now me? I just put on some new pillow top grips yesterday. Old ones were very much worn down after countless years and miles.
Freddie my boy, how's your titanium hip doing? According to your ride reports of late apparently splendid I assume, glad to see you're doing well!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Anterior procedure for hip replacement two years ago resulted in a quick recovery and still works wonderfully. They had me walking same day as surgery. I highly recommend it over the traditional posterior approach which entails the significant cutting of muscle.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
No my brother, 265 miles = 425 kilometers which means I did a 6 hour Iron Butt round trip to Klerksdorp and back, it was fun, it's just the peak hour traffic during the last hour of the trip that was hectic as you can testify yourself

Here is a photo of me taken by the electronic toll road system camera on the highway

View attachment 203284
Good to see you around Cornelis. You win the prize for the most unique wind screen. I would also bet you put the most street miles on a TW in a day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Good to see you around Cornelis. You win the prize for the most unique wind screen. I would also bet you put the most street miles on a TW in a day.
Thank you Ken, I actually have a surprise for you guys, in about two weeks from now I'm going to hit the 50 000 miles in 5 years milestone, I want to do a post about it when it happens;)

·
Registered
214 Posts

View attachment 203284
Hi Cornelis

You used the wrong salute for the e-toll gantry:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Yes the N1 turns into a parking lot in the afternoon at Rodepoort. Did you take the N1 or the N14? I'd take the N1 as the taxis on the N14 are downright scary. I tip my hat to you for doing that journey on your TW.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Popped the cover adjusted the clutch nut, and happiness...........
Then as I came to work this morning, BAM! the clutch is gone again, I'll redo tonight and maybe add a lock nut, as thread locker doesn't work.

On the positive side I found out that Victor Reinz Reinzosil is fantastic as a replacement for the gaskets. I used in place of the base and side cover gaskets, no leaks(just do not over do it, and leave it to dry before adding oil and starting up)!
It's expensive, but worth it. I've posted a link of what the tube looks like if anyone is interested, I think NAPA should stock it over there.
:
Just a quick update on the sealant, it's been 2 weeks and about 100 miles driven thus far without a hint of oil leaking or "sweating" out anywhere. Granted it's mostly 10 miles in either direction to work and back, I'll see if I do a longer trip over the mountains.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Cornelis

Yes the N1 turns into a parking lot in the afternoon at Rodepoort. Did you take the N1 or the N14? I'd take the N1 as the taxis on the N14 are downright scary.
I left home at 9:30 am after the peak hour traffic taking the N14 and it was not too busy and coming back I took the N1 which became heavily congested going through Midrand but I'm used to it by now(y)

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Went hunting for those sailplanes Google
2D41ADEE-EEFF-4E51-9267-67F042CEC535.jpeg
earth photoed on their way to the nearby glider airstrip . Camped nearby beyond these Moon Rocks so popular with rock crawlers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Went hunting for those sailplanes Google View attachment 203337 earth photoed on their way to the nearby glider airstrip . Camped nearby beyond these Moon Rocks so popular with rock crawlers.
Fred, looks like your TW is starting to show it's age. Gettin' kinda "Long-In-Shadow"!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been stacking parts for the last few weeks in preparation for spring.
  1. 203349
The garage has become such a crowded mess that I gave up and just started over.

Hopefully I'll be done, moved in, and ready to start TW work in March.

5421 - 5440 of 5477 Posts