TW200 Forum banner

5441 - 5460 of 5476 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Got out in the woods and glorious mud yesterday for about 65 miles. Perfect day, sunny and in the 60s! Was able to get all the way thru a couple of my fav trails with little snow issues. The last couple storms have had rain at higher elevations. More rain and snow coming today
Need to get a new rear tire, knobs are getting thin and I was a sliding every which way...

·
Registered
22 Posts

started working on the mods i want to do. first up was fitting the seat and ordering up all the lights that i want to change. this weekend will be the 400 mile service and possibly adding all the new stuff if it arrives in time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looking forward to your thoughts on the new seat.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That seat is outrageous. Would I put it on my bike, no, I'm way too conservative.
But I'm glad to see it on yours, it really does look good/cool.

Today I can actually say I did something to/with my TW as well as a few other bikes. She's up for sale so I gave her a bath. Mostly just dusty from sitting in the back of the garage. And then took her for a 20 mile aimless ride doing the sort of things I'd do on a scooter. Like picking up paint, some hardware, some groceries. I'll miss her when she's gone.

Later on I finished stripping almost everything off the XR250L and rattle-canned the frame a bit. Tomorrow she heads to the machine shop for a full Top-End rebuild, new pistons and rings.

Such a nice Sunny 55 degree February day that I took the Big Ruckus out for a 20 mile spin to-and-from City Island in Da Bronx for a dozen clams.
Real nice day playing with the bikes.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Aren't we supposed to be riding these things?

Mr Gizmo gets a bit of a romp to ensure a good battery charge since last outing months ago:
mr gizmo.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a horrible steward of my TW200. It sadly sat in the garage for 5 years. So, over the last couple of weeks I cleaned the rust out of the tank, replaced the fuel petcock, replaced the carburetor (thanks ebay) and fuel line, replaced the oil/filter, replaced the battery and then successfully fired it up and took it around the block. Yesterday noticed that the new battery isn't charging, so did some reading here on the forum and decided that the regulator/rectifier is bad, so ordered another off of ebay. Expecting it next Tuesday or Wednesday.

After replacing that, likely going to get a new spark plug and some new tires. It has the originals from 2005 so...

Now that I'm retired I look forward to riding it more often.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That round headlight really jazz's-up the entire look of the bike. Really nice.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Got it out of the barn, negotiated 100 feet of glare ice, and ran it 1/2 mile down dry pavement at 25 degrees in full sun and back to the barn. All lubricated for another two months. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice 64 degree blue sky day. Went for a ride, about 45 miles. Bought a husky box/tray to mount on the rear rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
I should invest in a game camera to capture wildlife around the Frosty Hollow region. Odd for this time of year but we've had a lot of Elk roaming our yard. You would have been up close and personal with a couple of Elk here you were camped at our place last summer as they walked right next to the house. As expected, Roscoe gets a bit excited or nervous. I can't tell which! All I can show is the tracks in the snow.

5441 - 5460 of 5476 Posts