TW200 Forum banner

5461 - 5477 of 5477 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
hey blake, I used this one below..

7" build your own headlight

head light bracket

Inexpensive and does the job. I love the look, and even on a nighttime ride I could see very well.
Thanks, I've never seen that site before. Good pick and the bike looks great. I'm doing a headlight mod and thought I'd ask, I'm doing the twin headlight setup, we'll see how it looks when I'm done.

Any issues hiding the wiring?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, I've never seen that site before. Good pick and the bike looks great. I'm doing a headlight mod and thought I'd ask, I'm doing the twin headlight setup, we'll see how it looks when I'm done.

Any issues hiding the wiring?
No issues at all my dude, I unplugged the stock headlamp, took the wire pack that came with the new headlamp off, bent the tabs on the new light and viola, plugged it in and was all good. Only issue I had was once I took off the frame that held the blinkers and headlamp to the handlebars the speedo assembly was flopping around as the bolts only pass through the speedo and the nut is welded to the headlight frame. For now I have the speedo ziptied up and secure, but I am going to hit the store this weekend and get some nuts to bolt it back to the bike. Holler if you have any other questions, ride safe!

·
Registered
158 Posts
No issues at all my dude, I unplugged the stock headlamp, took the wire pack that came with the new headlamp off, bent the tabs on the new light and viola, plugged it in and was all good. Only issue I had was once I took off the frame that held the blinkers and headlamp to the handlebars the speedo assembly was flopping around as the bolts only pass through the speedo and the nut is welded to the headlight frame. For now I have the speedo ziptied up and secure, but I am going to hit the store this weekend and get some nuts to bolt it back to the bike. Holler if you have any other questions, ride safe!
That's really odd, I did not run into that problem with the speedo on my 2001 after removing the headlight, bracket and installing a round headlight (with the same mounts).

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's really odd, I did not run into that problem with the speedo on my 2001 after removing the headlight, bracket and installing a round headlight (with the same mounts).
the speedo holes on the 2019 has the headlight bolt pass through and secure it between the area under the handlebars and headlight assembly. kind of odd set up. but it probably made it more efficient for assembly.

·
Registered
364 Posts
rode around north county with lil bro and his 80cc putter. perfect day out. View attachment 203630 View attachment 203631 View attachment 203632
Yeah,
As soon as I read "North County", I knew it had to be in the neighborhood of San Diego. WE were born and raised there. Was in CDF (CAL FIRE now) for a season, did a stint in the Air Force and then, did 30 years with the San Diego Fire Department. Hung around 'till I almost went postal and, convinced the wife to move. We've been in Lake Havasu City now for approaching 6 years. Love it. But, the San Diego area does have a bit more scenic areas to ride. Oh well, give some, loose some.
Scott

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Unloaded Betty Boop after a wonderfully full day of desert single trackin' yesterday. A seemingly dead battery on my haul vehicle made getting home at any reasonable hour a joke. Thus no timely unloading of my favorite toy last night.
Today me thinks problem is with battery terminals with the truck.
Fortunately the TW works just fine, works better than me at times.:cool: For example after a many mile long end-of day final exploration of a new found trail we needed to call it a day. Heading back we found our narrow trail out petering out and disappearing in the scrub. Walking in ever increasing circles in the failing daylight away from Betty Boop ( keeping my orange landmark in sight so I don't loose both trail and trailbike) we eventually gave up. Back tracking to cut any other trail we could find resulted in being treated to another new discovery of miles and miles of gentle single track before finally encountering a road.
If I ever have another ISDE (Impromptu Six Day Enduro) like with Admiral and EJFranze last year this place will certainly take up one of the days, maybe two. Much smoother rock-free sandy trails than the boulder patches we toured last year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I somehow managed to get away with LED blinkers from amazon without hyper flash, even bought a new relay just in case. I have a 2019, and I think Fred mentioned the part numbers of the relay match prior years... so who knows, I'm just lucky!

Here's a link to the flashers I bought:

LED Flashers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I would bring the bikes in and take some cool shots of them last Sunday after getting the IMS Super Stock foot pegs and Double Take Mirrors installed on both bikes as well as a high mount super moto fender on mine

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Started mine, rolled it around the garage. plugged it in to the battery tender. Cried on it.

Also planned a trip in Mid March to go ride Matawa ORV and came one night. Riding with some pretty well advanced folks that know I'm newer to the dirt stuff. Hopefully despite the ribbing I'll get, I'll learn some stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
since i’m in the process of modding the bike, i am unable to use the stock side covers. the left side of the bike is ok since it’s all black, but the right side of the bike with all the exposed wiring and tool pouch was bumming me out. grabbed a hip pack online, cut the straps down and fitted it to cover that area for the time being, i lucked out it fits almost perfectly. was able to use two bolts on the bike already to attach it. it’s perfect size for my phone and a beanie while i ride.

i also did the 600 mile break in service, hello metal shavings!

5461 - 5477 of 5477 Posts