TW200 Forum banner

5481 - 5500 of 5535 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have been grabbing any of my bikes lately but today I took the TW off to work. It was misty, wet roads with little rainbow spots on the road. I had to be cautious but no issues. Coming home a cool front snuck in on me, I didn't bring a jacket at all so it was a little cool with lots of wind. It's a good thing I live close to work.

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Grewen, your new bike build has all the goodies. Bet it was worth the wait.

Maintenance day today I tightened rack on one bike and ultrasonicly cleaned entire turn signal/horn swicth group on the other bike while a bit of touch-up paint dried. About a gram of muck came out of the assembly and now horn beeps and turn signals cancel properly. Aux. light and USB switches got relocated too for greater ease of actuation. Re-inforced home made h-fender mount installation.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Maintenance day today I tightened rack on one bike and ultrasonicly cleaned entire turn signal/horn swicth group on the other bike while a bit of touch-up paint dried. About a gram of muck came out of the assembly and now horn beeps and turn signals cancel properly. Aux. light and USB switches got relocated too for greater ease of actuation. Re-inforced home made h-fender mount installation.
No hose clamps and aluminum tubing?! What fluid are you using in ultra-sonic cleaner.

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
I simply put ultrasonic machine on a bar stool, filled cleaner of water and 2 drops dishwashing liquid then lowered the two linked halves of switch group with their wiring connected to TW for a half hour soak. A little soap as a wetting agent was enough to loosen and flush out 17 years worth of dust.
Later I used vinegar, baking soda and aluminum to try to clean a group of ancient really worn Roman , Greek and unknown coins I recently came accross with not nearly as much success with two millennia of corrosion.
Any numismatic collectors here?
 coins.gallery.jpg

·
Registered
2,666 Posts

yes sir, so far very happy with it

·
Registered
432 Posts
USPS was supposed to deliver my replacement clutch perch today but did not. So, I spent a little time removing the broken one to prepare for the installation of the new one on Monday.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mr. Zip finally delivered the clutch perch today. Also received the TKSPEED mud flap! Installed both, but decided to wait for tomorrow to pull the bike out of the shed and go for a little run around town.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fork seals. Fresh fork oil at the appropriate level makes a huge difference.

I had the better of my 2 old chains soaking in gas for the last week. Scrubbed it clean and blew it dry. Then double Zip-Loc'd it soaking in gear oil. This can ride along on the OBDR and hopefully we won't need it. Old master links go on the key rings.

Aside from my backordered fender for the white bike, I think they're ready.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pulled off the carb finally, done with my 2 big Kawi streetbikes, and am pretty sure I found the reasons why I have not been able to get it to run and idle. The intake manifold had some micro-cracks but also seemed a bit distorted from heat of use since 1999, and the Oring was hard as rock. I also had installed the front and back clamp bands in the wrong location, 2 sizes, so there is that my bad. Ordered a new/old stock manifold and Oring at double the cost of one for a 2019, (wish I had them to compare, but oh well), hope to have her sorted in a week.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Today I installed the Ram Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with 18mm bolts (thank you, troll) which perfectly relocated my Garmin GPSMAP64 to the left and clear of the speedometer - Nice! Then I took a nice couple hour ride around town. Only my second of the year! Another incoming cold front accompanied by some snow has delayed the upcoming ride I had planned. The new plan is to pack up some fishing gear and ride downstream to appropriately thawed river waters and pull some trout for the smoker before the front hits.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yesterday at 16:50 I got a message that there is a brush fire on a neighbor's farm. Phoned the fire dept and rushed to go and help. Got there about 30 min before the local fire dept. The local logging company arrived on scene with their fire engine same time as I did. Passed them going up hill in the veld on the Dub.
Anyone that knows how Pine, Wattle, and other dry brush burns know exactly how dangerous this can get. I rode through the flame front in the grass to get the Dub clear of the fire.

It took us about 2 hours to contain the fire and thank God that the wind did't turn and we had some rain on Sunday. The local farmers and logging fire dept had it under control when the municipal fire dept showed up, with a half tank of water and a pump that they couldn't get started.
All fun and games :D I had a minute to snap the pic of the Dub just after we arrived on scene.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yesterday at 16:50 I got a message that there is a brush fire on a neighbor's farm. Phoned the fire dept and rushed to go and help. Got there about 30 min before the local fire dept. The local logging company arrived on scene with their fire engine same time as I did. Passed them going up hill in the veld on the Dub.
Anyone that knows how Pine, Wattle, and other dry brush burns know exactly how dangerous this can get. I rode through the flame front in the grass to get the Dub clear of the fire. View attachment 204076

It took us about 2 hours to contain the fire and thank God that the wind did't turn and we had some rain on Sunday. The local farmers and logging fire dept had it under control when the municipal fire dept showed up, with a half tank of water and a pump that they couldn't get started.
All fun and games :D I had a minute to snap the pic of the Dub just after we arrived on scene.
Truly a global/universal, multi-purpose-do anything machines! Good on you for tackling the task.

5481 - 5500 of 5535 Posts