TW200 Forum banner

5501 - 5520 of 5801 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did some homeschooling today. My boy and I rejetted my T-Dub. Just finished a 40 mile ride and it's so much better. I wish I had done that sooner. ??‍♂. And that ride put me over my first 1000 miles!! Yay! 2 owners back the bike was in Colorado and he put a 118 main jet in her. I just put a 132.5 main and 34 pilot. I live in Central Texas at 1700 feet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Newbee, That is a great learning experience. Better than homeschooling linguish ettirature or nometrigary for both son . . . and father!

Changed oil and cleaned filter on mine yester-evening and switched to synthetic. 15 minute warm up ride prior took took took a little over 30 minutes for some reason. Had to fight the handlebars to get back to the house. Two 85+ and two 95+ mile rides this past week had her shy of the barn I guess.

Odo around 2,600 miles and here's hoping for a little smoother shifting as others have reported with synthetic. Must admit a little skeptical but will see. Looking forward to a ride today to find out.

Marty

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Tended to the herd today. Brought the last one's in from the range, fed 'em and started them up. Will do an oil change, tune-up checks and minor maintenance if needed over the next few weeks.

Trail riding is still a no go but a quick run to the mailbox and back is safe enough up here in the trees. Felt good to hear the herd come to life.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I really like the black yellow paint scheme.

Now I lay me down and weep
As thoughts of T-Dub slows the sleep
For trails a hidden 'neath the snow
delays the hither and yon we go.
As the coldest hour arrives fore dawn
So proves no need to stretch and yawn
For the blinds are pierced to a bountiful site
cuz' more of this shit just fell last night!
So I trek my way beyond warm walls
To find the blower in it's stall
It greets me with a smirkish grin
As the Yam aside it looks so grim.
How grand to be, if 'twas day of simpler
Instead, poor Dubby, kicks and whimpers!

But, fear not, said thrower will pack in building
As the chill of winter, starts it's yielding
With warmer temps appear TRAILS OF MASSES
And T-Dub soon be, KICKS THEIR ASSES!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I agree!

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Finally got around to putting on the inevitable grocery getting milk crate, with the socially apropos Corona cooler insert. It just thumbscrew attaches to the Manracks rack, so I can easily de-dork it View attachment 204136

Looking more and more like a KLR everyday.

de-dork it. That's a good one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I snagged this idea from the other forum I check daily (www.infamousnissan.com) because it is super popular there.

I replaced my old grips with a nice set of Pro Grip 714s ($9.99 shipped from www.motorcycle-superstore.com), swapped out my fuel petcock because it was nearly impossible to switch positions (Yamaha part for $17.49 shipped from eBay) and changed my spark plug just because I wanted to (NGK D8EA for $1.92 from Advance Auto Parts).

Then I went for a small ride with 2 friends. It was cold but nice to get out on the road again.
I have ProGrip 714’s on 2 of my motorcycles and I love them. ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking great! How did you make it quick release with thumb screws? I have a crate on my Manracks too, but use zip ties which are easy to cut off but takes at least 15 minutes to re-dork.

These past couple weeks I also got around to other jobs I've been wanting to do since buying my TW in December:
  • Installed front Cycle Racks and rear Manracks
  • ProGrips 714 installed (but kept the originals)
  • Replaced stock seat with Seat Concepts
  • Replaced tank with Clarke tank, plus new fuel lines, etc.
  • Added a Jimbo shield
  • Replaced stock 2008 battery with new AGM battery
  • Added Oxford Hot Hands - really love them already on some cold days
  • Added SAE connector and extender cable routed up near handlebars, plus USB adapter. Gonna try to install a semi-permanent GoPro up here soon.
  • Added new Garmin Zumo XT.
Think I'm done for a while. Maybe later this fall will consider replacing the stock gearing and the death wing.

Finally got around to putting on the inevitable grocery getting milk crate, with the socially apropos Corona cooler insert. It just thumbscrew attaches to the Manracks rack, so I can easily de-dork it View attachment 204136

Looking more and more like a KLR everyday.

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Took the dawgs for a 6 mile anti-viral, anti-cabin fever run on Betty Boop this morning. About 34 degrees when I started but things were much warmer and melting upon my return. Beautiful day to photo-decay any virus bugs outdoors under mile high ultraviolent light.:cool:
Betty snow 3:20.jpg

Saw some puma tracks from overnight when snow was colder and much firmer than when dogs and I rolled past.
cougar track.jpg

Had to slow down and enjoy the view at times to let my companions catch up, especially this old girl.
dog walk 1.jpg

Lots of nice trails in a mix of sand, snow and granite boulders. Do believe PlumbStraight left some blood on this section when we rode together here the other year...darn brush car reach out and grab a fellow on these steeper sections.
dog walk 2.jpg

I keep thinking I need to sit around a smokey campfire on another camp-n-ride but don't know were that is ridable, accessible and scenic now. But then there is always more of this riding, hiking and exploring out my back door that is hard to beat.
dog walk 4 .jpg

Somewhere around this landmark is a rock shelter cave with a cougar skull I would really like to find again...
dog walk 3 rock .jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looking great! How did you make it quick release with thumb screws? I have a crate on my Manracks too, but use zip ties which are easy to cut off but takes at least 15 minutes to re-dork.
I bought four 1/4-20 ~1" thumbscrews similar to the ones pictured at my local marine chandlery and use a 1/4' piece of ply as a load distributor. If I recall correctly it is a 2 3/16" square. This is temporary until I can get a piece of aluminum. It's solid.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fred,
By far, those are some of the most spectacular pics I've seen for M/C riding in the off road scenarios. Each section of the country has its own beauty. Without a doubt, you definitely have some outstanding riding area(s) to play in. Nice job.
Scott

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Thank you Scott.
Came back today from a high desert camp-n-ride which has riding of a different flavor. I've posted a few videos from around here before.
Limited my social distancing to hanging out with a herd of mustangs around sunset. No one else seemed stupid enough to overnight out there.
mustang distance.jpg

These wild horses are pretty used to us. Don't know when horses normally foal but some of the mares were looking a little pregnant.
mustang mares.jpg

Some others looked like they were working on getting pregnant.
mustang sex.jpg

Winds got annoyingly strong overnight. Occasional sandblasting dust storms were no fun.
moon rockdust.jpg

Too much wind for me so I broke camp a day early. Maybe I did't get in the intended single tracking but the TW still got me out of town. The TW remains my best excuse to go explore, even if it is just strapped on back.
moon rx van.jpg

5501 - 5520 of 5801 Posts