TW200 Forum banner

5721 - 5740 of 5757 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I decided I had knocked my knee on the Tusk Utility Top Rack bars one too many times. I had some pipe insulation laying around that just happened to be a perfect size! Hopefully, it will help offset my incredibly short inseam. I then loaded up the van and the bike - as I'm heading out for some exploratory riding tomorrow morning. All the National Forest campgrounds are apparently closed (when did camping become ANTI-social distancing by the way?) so I'll be "stealth camping" in the Econoline.
Reddave, during your exploratory riding in days of yore, per chance, have you ridden Phantom Canyon Road?

Marty

·
Registered
511 Posts
amazon link below....they literally fit in there perfectly, just had to drill the hole out slightly to enlarge it on the reflector bracket:
Amazon.com: Motorcycle LED lights,ADZOON 2'' 27W Mini Cube Spotlights Fog Auxiliary Lights 12V 24V Front Work Universal Headlight for E-Bike Truck JEEP Car Boat: Automotive
They look as if a factory set-up since both match the headlight as parallelograms. Very nice T-Dub addition!
What is the car in the background of the first picture?

Marty

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Marty! I have not ridden Phantom Canyon Road, however, that's local enough for me to add it to the list!
I highly recommend. But then of course, you know that as all back roads out your way are what I call High Recommends!I I was on my way from Montrose that day on my new '07 KLX250 headed to a campground outside of Woodland Park to do Pikes Peak the following day.

It was quite a long ride that day as I took time to visit Black Canyon of the Gunnison along the way. Well that and Pappy's Pub for a well deserved cold beer and sandwich on Blue Mesa.

By the time I reached the other side of Canon City to start north on Phantom, I had to scoot along faster than normal if I wanted to see anything as dark was about to catch me. It was totally dark by the time I reached Victor. Would love to ride it again one day on the TDub at a much slower pace.

Marty

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Hey C 77, you don't live in Arizona do you?

Holy Toledo that's a lot of snow so close to the 1st day of summer!
Alaska

·
Registered
613 Posts
Me and my TW went on a very special 70 mile round trip today; we went to visit my grandfather's grave, the first time in 40 years since I've been there.

Unfortunately he passed away in 1967 two years before I was born but from all the stories that I hear of him he was a very pleasant man indeed, humble hard-working family man, the photo of him was taken when he was in his early twenties.

He is buried in a very big cemetery but by some fluke I entered the place at the gate closest to him and within less than 15 minutes I found his grave!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Me and my TW went on a very special 70 mile round trip today; we went to visit my grandfather's grave, the first time in 40 years since I've been there.

Unfortunately he passed away in 1967 two years before I was born but from all the stories that I hear of him he was a very pleasant man indeed, humble hard-working family man, the photo of him was taken when he was in his early twenties.

He is buried in a very big cemetery but by some fluke I entered the place at the gate closest to him and within less than 15 minutes I found his grave!

View attachment 205510

View attachment 205511
Great story. Can definitely see the family resemblance!

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Does the TW have it's new frame yet? :unsure:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does the TW have it's new frame yet? :unsure:
No, not yet bro, when I ride at 55 mph the bike is fine but at 60 mph the front wheel starts to wobble slightly so I force myself to take it slow.

Hopefully end of this month or early next month when the lockdown gets lifted I will be able to get the new frame and then swap everything over ;)(y)

·
Registered
511 Posts

View attachment 205510

View attachment 205511
Family traits carried on by a grandson whom he would have been so proud of I am sure! Sorry you never got the chance to meet an inspiration like that.

I never had the gift of knowing my Maternal Grandfather but was blessed to know my Paternal Grandfather until I was 24 years old. Sad thing is he lived about 16 years after that but I never saw him again as he and my father had a falling out that lasted till he died at 97.

My daughter, born when I was 26, never gat a chance to know or meet him and, could have know her Great Grandfather till she was almost 14.

What a shame!

One wouldn't give, the other wouldn't budge. One couldn't forget, the other couldn't forgive.

Marty

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always used to laugh when I heard retired guys say "I'm busier now than I was when I was working." Now I've become the people I laughed at. I did some trail riding last night but hadn't had the TW out for a week. Once I get caught up with all the projects I have been wanting to do for years I'll be on this thread every day!

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Just recovering from last night’s ride.
Went up a nearby mountain to a nice remote camp and came home around 10:30.

On the way to meet Adam I paused at a mini-park with granite placards showcasing a couple thousand years of human migration through the Sierras there. Someone had installed their own post and placard with a humorous musical tribute to current events. Local area not only crushed the COVID curve but never began to tax the medical preparations the doom sayers predicted would be needed.
F91AAD77-9F72-4759-B510-9A17EB49A908.jpeg
DCAF4025-A8B9-4530-9D8F-57ECB62691F5.jpeg

Mountain ride was very rewarding and we ended up at a campsite that Adam can take credit for cleaning, improving and maintaining in a most impressive fashion.
4425CEAC-A236-406D-B8C1-9535DCA037F1.jpeg
2EA51952-7DBF-461B-8774-70F2E2E4CFE3.jpeg

Route was fairly steep and rocky in places. At one point on the ride out when really nasty I realized I could not keep up with a mouse running away from me down the steep rocky ledge some feet ahead of me.
That might be a new metric for me for gauging trail intensity...too rough to chase a mouse.:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I mounted "mortars" on the rear rack and continue to work on the Clarke tank, seat, and side covers conversion. Also found a moto jack to haul the Tdub. Decide to have a local upholstery shop do the customized seat. Also cleaned and lubed the chain. View attachment 205530 View attachment 205531 View attachment 205532
Wow, that's the nicest looking Moto Jack Rack that I have ever seen!

Did you clean it up yourself or buy it that way?
bought it this way. The person bought it and it would not fit his jacked up one ton truck. The truck was raised 8". What a beast. Pretty much gave it away.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Nice MotoJack!
Oldworld's mortar tube mounts were done in excellent fashion with the padded clamps, 4 per tube. They can get loose over time as pads compress but rack tube diameter can get bigger and grippier with a few turns of tape.

In preparation for a Memorial Day ride I changed the oil & adjusted the chain on my favorite mule. She's looking good ready to go!
burro death vallyc6d20418bcf4dbf701c9f6.jpg

Ooops, wrong mule. Just a curious Death Valley burro who visited camp one morning.

Did take my Buddy Bike, Mr.Gizmo and dogs for a run making sure some friends weren't stuck in their off road golf cart. So nice when these lithium batteries can spin up a long neglected TW200 and have it running quickly, no trickle charger needed. It helps that bike has a fairly low mileage motor in a healthy state of tune. Light use plus oil coolers (2) & fan cooling from former owner hopefully means longer reliability, even in my hands.
walk.gif

mr.Gizmo paint4e80a5c6ad88b7e64d35.jpg

5721 - 5740 of 5757 Posts