TW200 Forum banner

5741 - 5757 of 5757 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
During the lock down I did quite a bit of riding around our property, why walk?
When the Misses wanted a ride back to the house, I said hop on and she hoped on the rack

I love this goofy girly
We've always had sickles and she can ride, so she knows the proper way to ride
We rode around the yard for a few minutes laughing
She said she had never ridden backwards on a sickle and ask if I had?
And to her surprise I said yes, but I learned to ride one of our YZ125's backwards ( the bike,not me on it)
I accidentally started it pulling back on it in gear, then thought hey🤣
It's werd when you gas it and the front end compresses

Have a safe, fun holiday as we remember our heroes 👍

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
When the Misses wanted a ride back to the house, I said hop on and she hoped on the rack
View attachment 205600
It's werd when you gas it and the front end compresses
View attachment 205600

I love this goofy girly
We've always had sickles and she can ride, so she knows the proper way to ride
We rode around the yard for a few minutes laughing
She said she had never ridden backwards on a sickle and ask if I had?
And to her surprise I said yes, but I learned to ride one of our YZ125's backwards ( the bike,not me on it)
It's wierd when you gas it and the front end compresses
When I was a kid I had a gokart that I put a 2-stroke Jacobsen lawnmower engine on. I couldn't afford a centrifugal clutch for it, so I just bolted a sprocket onto the end of the crankshaft and ran it in direct drive mode. Turns out, it was just as happy to run backwards as it was forward. I first found this out when I tried going up a steep hill and the kart stalled. The crappy brakes couldn't hold it in place, and when the kart started rolling backwards, the engine fired right up with full throttle - that was an exciting ride until I was able to twist around enough to get the spark plug shorted out.

Fun times!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Look familiar Brian?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You guys had it easy! The one I used in my school age days didn't have a motor! Talk about a workout! Used one for a while till we could afford a push mower. Now I have a big Hustler zero-turn. Times have changed and our kids have no idea how easy they have it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
OK, here's the list we finished up yesterday. Installed powder coated above light rack (looks sharp!), Jimbo's windshield, JNS LED headlight, LED turn signals and brake light bulbs (BIG difference in view-ability), Back-Off brake light modulator (am going to wire in LED load equilizer to make it work with LED bulbs), Installed JNS front fork tabs for aux lighting as well as two 12k lumen LED pods (needed to modify stainless tabs to fit with headlight rack and lights but they look pretty sharp and are VERY bright- will wire in with high beam), installed powder coated Ricochet skid plate, Precision rear side bars, Turbo emblems on tank (look factory!), Tusk tank bag, RPM/hour meter, new 1 1/8" handlebar with 2" adjustable risers along with Tusk brush protectors and lastly tightened up chain.

Still waiting on the Cyclerack rear rack and rear bag set I ordered from Procycle. Called Cyclerack and they found one of the flat racks without the hump and threw in a support for the rack one on their customers made and sent them several of- great guys to deal with but be patient!

Still have some fine tuning on the handle bars as the adjustable risers really leaves you with a ton of adjustments- will need to ride more before I settle on one that I like.

Will update with photos once it all comes together. Can't wait to get through with the updates and get out on the trails.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Extended the SAE connectors from behind the side panel to up at the cluster so I can use them for aux power sources. Did this on both bikes.

The blue bike is my loaner and it was clearly not pampered before I bought it. I decided I'd adjust the throttle cables while I had the tank off because there was about a 1/4 twist slop. Found all the adjusters backed off and the jam nuts waaay lose. All better now.

Then I fueled up and trailered up in preparation for a meet-up with some strangers from the internet. Pray for my safety.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Extended the SAE connectors from behind the side panel to up at the cluster so I can use them for aux power sources. Did this on both bikes. View attachment 205625 View attachment 205626

The blue bike is my loaner and it was clearly not pampered before I bought it. I decided I'd adjust the throttle cables while I had the tank off because there was about a 1/4 twist slop. Found all the adjusters backed off and the jam nuts waaay lose. All better now. View attachment 205627

Then I fueled up and trailered up in preparation for a meet-up with some strangers from the internet. Pray for my safety. View attachment 205628
Very nice. Where did you get the wire and fuse system?

·
Registered
141 Posts
It was on the bike when I bought it but only about 18" long. I think that's pretty typical of what you get with most battery tenders. I just added enough to run up the backbone and behind the gauges. Easier to plug in the tender during winter time plus I can do some charging while I ride if I want to.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I let my son in law ride my tw. He had never ridden a motorcycle. He did good at first. Then he got over confident and went into the grass. I could probably stop here. You can imagine the rest and you would be right. No damage to him or the bike. He got right back on and rode some more. He's now thinking about buying a tw.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was on the bike when I bought it but only about 18" long. I think that's pretty typical of what you get with most battery tenders. I just added enough to run up the backbone and behind the gauges. Easier to plug in the tender during winter time plus I can do some charging while I ride if I want to.

Thanks for the info. These two together might work?

Could then just plug the battery tender up top when not using the usb?

View attachment 205629

5741 - 5757 of 5757 Posts