5761 - 5767 of 5767 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
I'm not quite seeing the tow hitch for the boat... (y) :unsure:

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
I just gave seldom used Nibbler a once-over figuring it's brighter lighting and upgraded suspension would be a good change for tonights ride.
Things were looking good..oil level, fuel level, air pressure and so on. But wait, what's this piece of rope all caught up under the bike?

snake4.jpg

Oh, that kind of rope!
snake2.jpg

Since I confident it was just a innocent bull snake I figured it was great opportunity for another snake aversion training lesson for my dogs. Alas, he slipped through my grasp and now resides under the gas tank & Seat Concepts.
Yep, those Seat Concept kits are mighty popular.
snake1.jpg

Anyone want to buy a low mileage somewhat unusual TW? May contain surprises.:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did quite a bit over the past few days and basically put the mechanics of the bike back to stock. Original jetting on a new carb, stock snorkel put back in, stock exhaust put back (had a DG I just traded to a fella here). Did the regular maintenance items while I was at it - valve clearance/oil change/etc... After riding it today I've come to the conclusion that the Yamaha engineers had these 200cc's figured out. The tiny bit of power I had gained vs. fuel consumption just wasn't worth it for me which was the main reason I just put everything back to the way it was (save the LED lighting and a few electrical accessories).

Reason for the new carb - I learned no matter what I was doing with my jetting, it would never produce consistent results last fall. The TK on this, from the factory either had a bad casting on the main body of the carburetor (which was obvious on the section the main jet screwed into), that would allow fuel to get past the threads on the main bleed nozzle and around the main nozzle (the outside edge of it, into the venturi), even at idle. Kept fighting with that damn carb until I finally used a mirror and pushed the air filter boot out of the way and saw this in action. First carburetor I've ever seen with this particular issue. So I tried the brand new carb with bigger jets (to match increased airflow from my mods to the intake boot and the exhaust), and while it did gain a slight bit of power from it, it wasn't enough (for me) to offset the decreased fuel mileage. To each his own - for that tiny bump in power, I'd just as soon use less gas and go further.

She ended up with a new gas tank as well. I traded the DG muffler for it with a buddy who is getting a bigger tank, and as luck would have it, his is a 2013 as well. I smashed the heck out of mine against a tree stump in the middle of winter. I thought about buying a bigger one but doing a trade that cost me nothing is a whole lot better at this point. Anyway... I rode most of the day and loved it. This weekend I need to do some work on the DR-Z and I'll be switching up from one to the other on the trails and going to fishing destinations.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bull snakes are the best. My Dad used to say "If you like rats, kill snakes".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Not a fan of snakes at all...favorite saying is "A good snake is a dead snake!" I know there are good snakes that take care of pests but when I'm facing one- eye to eye- with little time to react...it's goodbye snake. Genesis has something to say about this. Either way, been chased out of many of a Texas pond by a water moccasin...only to beat it to death with a branch, fishing pole or boat oar...nearly anything laying around to show them who is the boss. Best story I ever heard about snakes was from my dad about his dad (my grandfather I never knew) he said they were sitting around a texas campfire one night when a rattlesnake warmed himself up with the fire. Eveidently, my grandfather picked up the snake by his tale and whipped him around until it was straight. Then, and only then, he cracked the snake like a whip and snapped its head off...or so I was told. Good story to me because I do not like snakes but my appologies to those who do. No snakes where harmed in telling this story. 😔

5761 - 5767 of 5767 Posts