TW200 Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 5908 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Finally finished the blue camo theme paint job on my bike the day before yesterday. Made a set of standard side covers from fiberglass to go with the factory tank seat set up and also made the side covers for a Clarke xt225 tank and custom seat set up. Here it is with the standard set up from yesterdays ride. View attachment 206234
Wow, side covers look factory to me. Great Job!

Marty

·
Registered
601 Posts
My TW rested last week. I rode my other bikes. Today we went to the school and my daughter got some more practice in. I hope when she takes the MSF course she won't be too bored since she has all the basics down pretty good.
I can just imagine heat would be a big problem this time of year also. God Bless the instructors standing on the hot pavement all day, my hat goes off to them!

Marty

Reactions: Workingman and Ken

·
Registered
330 Posts
i did rotate the throttle cable 180 degrees because it was slightly binding at full lock left turn. if you do flip it, you have to grind off one of the little nubs on the throttle cable housing.
Was this after unclipping the throttle cable from underneath the tank?

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Tested a Zenon HID H4 bulb in Betty Boop last night. I was surprisingly disappointed in beam pattern and intensity, will go back to a LED. I know DrydenT-Dub has a better H.I.D. unit in his bike but mine just didn't suit me. Still fun to get out on a warm evening but I had to go slower.
This was after the low beam COB chip went out a few nights ago on a 3-year old LED with only a few hundred hours on it. The Low Beam chip is always on so sees the most service hours and vibration under load.
At about only $20 each I should have bought more in bulk.:cool:
Have a 4-sided 65watt H4 LED ordered , will see how it compares to the 3-sided versions I have played with.
Good to play on the longest day.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Tested a Zenon HID H4 bulb in Betty Boop last night. I was surprisingly disappointed in beam pattern and intensity, will go back to a LED. I know DrydenT-Dub has a better H.I.D. unit in his bike but mine just didn't suit me. Still fun to get out on a warm evening but I had to go slower.
This was after the low beam COB chip went out a few nights ago on a 3-year old LED with only a few hundred hours on it. The Low Beam chip is always on so sees the most service hours and vibration under load.
At about only $20 each I should have bought more in bulk.:cool:
Have a 4-sided 65watt H4 LED ordered , will see how it compares to the 3-sided versions I have played with.
Good to play on the longest day.
I've never been satisfied with any motorcycle headlight, not all the way anyway. I want the safety to ride on the highway (occasionally) and not blind oncoming travel and the alien spaceship landing floodlights when riding off-road. I'll stick to the sun for now except when I get lost after dark. haha.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Admiral, you could get some pod lights to mount on the forks or on handguards, mine were under $25. That way you can run the milder JNS in public but still have some stronger illumination to tun on for safer trail riding home after sun goes down.
mrgizmo front2d06b72d6730dcf6f1cf7db737d46d7.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pulled the nylon spacers out of my new Procycle spring kit on my white TW. Feels better on the street but trail test will tell the tale.

Not technically TW, but it is my TW hauler. Replaced the rotten deck and painted my little tilt trailer. Added some removable outrigger anchor point for when I haul 2 or 3 bikes also. The 2x6 side rails are done too but I haven't installed them yet because the WaterSeal isn't dry yet.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Very nice.
Those outriggers are a sweet improvement worth copying to improve Tie-down angles. They slide in and out of sleeves? Let us know how they are retained. I've been thinking of something similar with the addition of a little warning tape for my ankles. :)
tape.jpeg

·
Registered
203 Posts
They just slide into those angle iron pockets and can be removed when not in use. I have an old $5 swap meet toolbox that I keep a jack, lug wrench, and tie-down straps in. The outriggers will just ride in the bottom when not in place.

5841 - 5860 of 5908 Posts