TW200 Forum banner

5881 - 5900 of 5908 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
That is a thought Purple. And reflective road signs could be a blinding bitch causing one to have hit low beam even without oncoming traffic!

I suppose the additional LED spots Fred has mounted helps with the normal dim peripheral after ones eyes get used to the "dazzle" from the new superwhite center beam.

Marty

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
From eBay I ordered a single 60watt H4 bulb from MOSTPLUS. Under $18 and was to feature a rotatable center pylon for placing single lo-beam chip exactly at 12 o'clock .
Being from China of course I received something different...a pair of their 55W 9003 models at 55 watts each. Adam -in-Nevada will get the second one for his upcoming birthday. This one seems to feature two low beam chip sets at 10 and 2 o'clock respectably.
If you want to order your own make sure of the wattage as these things are available in a variety of battery draining draws of up to 2,500 watts each, likely good enough to set small rabbits ablaze at 50 feet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
From eBay I ordered a single 60watt H4 bulb from MOSTPLUS. Under $18 and was to feature a rotatable center pylon for placing single lo-beam chip exactly at 12 o'clock .
Being from China of course I received something different...a pair of their 55W 9003 models at 55 watts each. Adam -in-Nevada will get the second one for his upcoming birthday. This one seems to feature two low beam chip sets at 10 and 2 o'clock respectably.
If you want to order your own make sure of the wattage as these things are available in a variety of battery draining draws of up to 2,500 watts each, likely good enough to set small rabbits ablaze at 50 feet.
Thanks Fred, and thanks for the comparison write-up!

Marty

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
304 Posts
I ordered one of these:

Now I just have to wait.

And figure out how to make a bracket...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Carb rebuild kit arrived today, so I decided to first try and replace the valve seal I destroyed during removal yesterday. Re-installed the carb and of course, leaking gas from the overflow! Checked my float bowl level and that's right in the middle of spec at 27mm. With the float bowl off I can push up on the float - which does stop fuel flow...so what am I missing here? Well - I'll tell ya! Cheap shit out of specification non-OEM parts! ChiCom POS from eBay on top, OEM on the bottom. Got me again, Wang!!!
IMG_20200626_183804.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I greased the triple clamp bearings, installed new fork seals, dust seals, oil, extended spring spacers and dust boots. Installed new tire as recommended from foraum and tube I installed new Tusk Chub bars YZ bend ofcourse using a set of protaper clamp adapter I had sitting around. Cleaned the brake pad from all the fork oil. Insalled tusk break lever, grips and motion Pro throttle tube. On the fuel side new petcock O ring and seal, carb base gasket, float bowl drain screw and air filter. Lubed chan and grease swing arm. My little bit abused and neglected TW is gitting back into shape. Time to test ride.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
I greased the triple clamp bearings, installed new fork seals, dust seals, oil, extended spring spacers and dust boots. Installed new tire as recommended from foraum and tube I installed new Tusk Chub bars YZ bend ofcourse using a set of protaper clamp adapter I had sitting around. Cleaned the brake pad from all the fork oil. Insalled tusk break lever, grips and motion Pro throttle tube. On the fuel side new petcock O ring and seal, carb base gasket, float bowl drain screw and air filter. Lubed chan and grease swing arm. My little bit abused and neglected TW is gitting back into shape. Time to test ride. View attachment 206442
(y) Looks Good!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Today some more parts from RockyMountainATV arrived! After two cheap-o Chinese intake boots have dried up and cracked on me in 3 years, I finally replaced it with an OEM Yamaha. It was not cheap at $60, and didn't even come with the O-ring! I guess that's my fault, I should have paid closer attention and ordered one up. I also replaced the diaphragm set. Lastly, I have been missing the Baffle Plate from my TK carb this whole time! No wonder my bike had such a hard time over washboard roads! I then went for a quick ride to determine the results of my efforts. The new diaphragm set has significantly reduced popping during deceleration, and the baffle plate enables the bike to run MUCH smoother over washboard and very rough terrain.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I rode mine to work and filled it up on the way home. I hate having to pay first for gas but since so many scammers hit the gas station pumps you have to or risk someone hacking your bank account. I went in and looked in my wallet, $2.00 I figured that was probably close price for gas, I pulled out a little change, .16 cents. I give the $2.16 for gas and guess what, it held it all without any room to spare.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I rode mine to work and filled it up on the way home. I hate having to pay first for gas but since so many scammers hit the gas station pumps you have to or risk someone hacking your bank account. I went in and looked in my wallet, $2.00 I figured that was probably close price for gas, I pulled out a little change, .16 cents. I give the $2.16 for gas and guess what, it held it all without any room to spare.
I feel your pain. Murphy's Law says that if you give the cashier more than you need for a fill up, he guarantees the line is at least five times longer when you return for your change!:((n)

Marty

Reactions: Ken and Donzo

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is nice to be at the stage in life that I can tip the gas station guy/gal a dollar or two and just drive away.

Few things give me more pleasure than yelling to all three attendants at my local station "what ice cream do you want?".

I should explain that here in Oregon, we have people to pump our gas.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
It is nice to be at the stage in life that I can tip the gas station guy/gal a dollar or two and just drive away.

Few things give me more pleasure than yelling to all three attendants at my local station "what ice cream do you want?".

Well,
It's OK to let them fill our tanks in the car/Jeep/truck etc. But, I won't let them NEAR my Goldwing and, while we don't live in OR, the few times we've traveled through and have used the Wing to tour, and needed gas, not one attendant has had any issues with me filling the Wing. There are conscientious attendants for sure but, I'm not taking any chances that I run into one that isn't.
Scott

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

I thought that stopped having gas station attendants 100 years ago. Ok when I was a kid they had gas station attendants here in Texas.

5881 - 5900 of 5908 Posts