TW200 Forum banner

5901 - 5920 of 5963 Posts

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Decided to fab up a new skid plate first test fit View attachment 206510
If you get a chance, you may want to make it wider to protect the side cases a bit. This is depending on what you plan to ride. It don't take much of a rock to puncture the side covers. The stock skidplate protects the bottom well enough like this one but won't for a rough and tumble type rider. :giggle:

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Replaced stock rear tire at 9200 miles with the same. It's surprising how long rear tires last on a bike with low horsepower. Had new rear brake shoes to put on but the originals are good for a long time. Installed spare air filter and lubed the chain.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Replaced stock rear tire at 9200 miles with the same. It's surprising how long rear tires last on a bike with low horsepower. Had new rear brake shoes to put on but the originals are good for a long time. Installed spare air filter and lubed the chain.
I think I only changed my rear brakes once since 1995 and the front twice. Since this bike is low geared they slow down really quick just letting off the gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you get a chance, you may want to make it wider to protect the side cases a bit. This is depending on what you plan to ride. It don't take much of a rock to puncture the side covers. The stock skidplate protects the bottom well enough like this one but won't for a rough and tumble type rider. :giggle:
I do have the sides just needed to test fit so i knew how wide to make them thanks for the advice i want it for the rough and tumble

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Replaced the ChiCom Valve Seat with factory OEM. Also installed the O-ring seen here - (which was missing altogether) Help with photo of carb innards

It still hasn't solved the main issue with my '87 that I have been chasing - I but I refuse to ask a question that may be redundant on this forum. I've been searching like a madman and going through everything I can think of first....but I think it might be time to ask for help soon!

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's why it was apart. New AllBalls bearings. It's a dramatic improvement.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Threw on a tractor supply ‘Tool Tube‘ with a small bolt and 2 zip ties. Took the bike on a progressively brutal test drive. Started on paved roads, moved to gravel, then dirt, followed by some mud holes, And finally some baseball Sized, river rock, bouncy hill climbs. Then back the way I came. It survived.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also, used the aforementioned tool kit to adjust my chain. Guesstimated on torque then rechecked with a click wrench later.

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
691 Posts
Took a ride up to 11,600ft trying to chase down some Brook Trout. It seems I should have pickied another valley...no fish but beautiful scenery as always. A couple nice watering holes...If your a living water drinkin' man...

Had to take to picture here, everything is so green right now!

That's Mount Bierstadt off in the distance, too bad it's only a foot trail to the top!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Took a ride up to 11,600ft trying to chase down some Brook Trout. It seems I should have pickied another valley...no fish but beautiful scenery as always. A couple nice watering holes...If your a living water drinkin' man...

Had to take to picture here, everything is so green right now!

That's Mount Bierstadt off in the distance, too bad it's only a foot trail to the top!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Wow, very beautiful! Great place to ride and fish for sure.

5901 - 5920 of 5963 Posts