TW200 Forum banner

5921 - 5940 of 5963 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did some riding this past week in Jersey. Near Ringwood State Park
That's some of my old haunts! I used to fish at Sheppard's Pond, shot trap and skeet at Thunder Mountain, and used to hunt up in Ringwood State Park itself. Lots of coyote in there back in the late 80s and early 90s. That's back when mountain biking was really growing, and you'd see people out far in the sticks biking those trails through the park.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cobbled and installed some seat bolts. Loctite is for the wingnut and jam nuts. Definitely not putting loctite on the seat threads...

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Went for short ride to adjust new LED headlight while also hoping to get a glimpse of comet Neowise. Think I would have needed a telescope to see anything as dramatic as this view:
comet-NEOWISE-Bob-King-Duluth-MN-jul11-2020-e1594639393157.jpg

Wednesday will try another evening ride with Adam & binoculars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got tired of the plasti-dip peeling off the tank. Taking it down to bare metal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Done enough. Gonna pick up some mop n glo to wipe it down with
eventually

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ordered up a 70T "Tough Anodized" aluminum sprocket from Spocket Specialties for the Duro setup. It was NOT CHEAP! Also seemed to be my only option as a quick phone call to JT Sprockets resulted in a flat "We won't make anything that big" response. So I removed the Duro wheel until a new chain and sprocket arrive and re-installed the factory setup for now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Saturday, changed oil and filter, lubed the chain, kickstand and rear brake pedal pivots, checked the air filter, removed and cleaned battery and connections then topped off with distilled water. Cleaned up mess, put trailer and ramps(read lift) away and went for a ride after dark.

The bike thanked me on the way home by stopping at the store for some PBR!

Marty

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
FINALLY installed a fuel filter.
I only had the straight Visu-filter, so things are kinda tight in there...but at least it's better than not having anything, right?
Eventually, I'll find a source for the angled Visu-filters and not the Chinese types....

Even a small-engine store in town couldn't help me with any sort of small 90 deg filter...a small engine shop!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
FINALLY installed a fuel filter.
I only had the straight Visu-filter, so things are kinda tight in there...but at least it's better than not having anything, right?
Eventually, I'll find a source for the angled Visu-filters and not the Chinese types....

Even a small-engine store in town couldn't help me with any sort of small 90 deg filter...a small engine shop!!!
I found them but they are $16 a piece

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed a new back tier and tube. I allso installed a new neadle and seat i think the gas was seeping around the o ring on the seat. Kudos to Mistervelocity for fixing a back flat on the trail mine was stuck on like a old ATV tire and I had to use a big perswader and bar to separate the bead. Allso is anyone running slime or something similar in there tubes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I installed a new back tier and tube. I allso installed a new neadle and seat i think the gas was seeping around the o ring on the seat. Kudos to Mistervelocity for fixing a back flat on the trail mine was stuck on like a old ATV tire and I had to use a big perswader and bar to separate the bead. Allso is anyone running slime or something similar in there tubes. View attachment 207019

Just something I learned from the internet. Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it before.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today i Rigged a cracked carb boot with a sleeve made of a finger cut off of a nitrile glove and electric tape.

Works fine but i guess i should order a replacement...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Swapped the NitroHead seat for a stock seat. (thanks conzfc)

Lubed the chain and threw another coat of mop n glo on the tank.

The stock seat doesn't look nearly as good as the NitroHead but it felt great on my ride. I must be getting old, choosing comfort over aesthetics....

Reactions: reddave and Errtu

·
Registered
42 Posts
Added one more thing to the TW. Now it sounds as cool as it looks.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scooterbrained
5921 - 5940 of 5963 Posts