TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5420 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Still to cold to ride so I installed my Hammer Black Cyclerack and mounted up my storage tube. Now just need this weather to break to enjoy it!

Will this addiction ever end?

Ryan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ordered my jet black Jimbo Shield and a set of Cycleracks bag supports. Received my eBay handguards (assembly wasn't the easiest without instructions lol). Hopefully my Cyclerack arrives tomorrow so I can install it and the guards, and finally get around to that oil change.

·
Registered
127 Posts
15 tooth front sprocket and an oil change!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Did you have "Ride-On" in or just regular air? Don Bonito put in Ride-On in his tires and said in balanced the tires as well.

I tend to get back in the woods like you, and for a couple reasons am thinking about adding Ride-On.
I don't use ride on, the site says it's effectivness is cut up to 65% in tires with tubes, the odds weren't good enough for me. Sooner or later ya gotta fix it, might as well get it over with. I now carry everything I need to patch a tube on the trail. I can break the rear down with three levers, it's not terribly hard once you learn how. I carry real automotive tire patches and glue, not that bicycle junk. I also carry a home made trail jack, and a small slime air compressor. a flat is now an inconvenience, not a trip ender.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't use ride on, the site says it's effectivness is cut up to 65% in tires with tubes, the odds weren't good enough for me. Sooner or later ya gotta fix it, might as well get it over with. I now carry everything I need to patch a tube on the trail. I can break the rear down with three levers, it's not terribly hard once you learn how. I carry real automotive tire patches and glue, not that bicycle junk. I also carry a home made trail jack, and a small slime air compressor. a flat is now an inconvenience, not a trip ender.
How do you break the bead? I tried everything I could think of...then took it to a shop!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
How do you break the bead? I tried everything I could think of...then took it to a shop!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458452

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/showthread.php?7761-Bead-breaking-with-just-tire-levers

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/the-right-stuff-3424.html

I use three of these, they work really well.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0115/

I practiced on a TW rear that I know has been mounted for over six years and it worked in about five minutes, then I broke down the spare tire of my pick up the same way, and it's been mounted since '97. I always change my own tires, the closest bike shop is over 70 miles away. Get the right stuff, and learn how to use it in the field, tire repair doesn't have to be a mystery or hard.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I worked on both dubs today... Cleaned and oiled the chains, replaced the little screw that holds the U shaped rubber chain guide in place. I always wondered why it would move toward the sprocket on my wife's dub... When I was looking at some photos here I saw the screw.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. So I looked at mine and there it was, not on my wife's. So off to the hardware store to buy one...

After that I went for a greeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat ride.. I just luv these dubs. OMM.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Cleaned the carb, changed the oil, changed the plug, lubed the throttle cables, and added fresh fuel. She runs like a top!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yesterday I rebuilt lower half of carb on the 87 new needle valve seat and o-ring, new o-ring on main jet cleaned everything and new gasket on bowl, now she runs like she should

·
Registered
196 Posts
Took off rear tire and Added another bracket to my rear mount oil cooler. Bringing the Rear rim and new tube in tomorrow to get it swapped out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Installed my Cyclerack yesterday, mounted my ammo cans today.

I think these might be the first pics of my bike that I've loaded on here...

41 - 60 of 5420 Posts