TW200 Forum banner

6181 - 6200 of 6289 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I finally got a Battery Tender hooked up. Mr. Putter is stored outside under a cover in the frozen upper midwest, and hasn't been ridden in about 6 weeks. I didn't bother pulling the battery since I planned to plug in the BT. Unfortunately, my duties as chapter head of the local Procrastinator's club kept me from getting around to it until now.

I had previously installed a pigtail, accessible under the RH panel, normally used to power a handlebar USB outlet. After kicking the snow out from around the cover, I popped the panel off, found just over 11 volts (cuttin' it close!), and got some juice flowing.

I've also finished a 3d printed GoPro mount for the chin of my helmet, but I'll detail that in its own thread soon, since it's not a TW-specific item.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good what kind of front finder bag is that? The 34 look like a fun project
NelsonRiggGear is the fender bag.
Funny story on my 33....9 years ago I had a nice running 33ford that I built ground up, well I decided to move my alternator from a low mount to a high mount so I took the hood and side panels off removed the low mount alternator and then I decided to have a major Heart Attack and it’s been sitting since.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Today I decided to finally order myself a Seat Concepts upgrade! Folks here say I'll be glad I did...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Installed the kicker kit I got from TW-Parts.

Has anybody warmed up the kicker and bent it inwards? I'm not real excited about how far it sticks out from the engine.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Installed the kicker kit I got from TW-Parts.

Has anybody warmed up the kicker and bent it inwards? I'm not real excited about how far it sticks out from the engine.
Got any pics?

I've installed a bunch of kickers and in my experience they seem to tuck in pretty nicely.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I rode my 600 to work every day last week. Today I decided to ride my TW. I kickstarted it right up. I took off and all was going well. I got just about out of the neighborhood and it died. It sounded like it was running out of fuel. For those that don't know: You can take the TW, a light bike, lay it on its side, just a little off the ground and shake the crud out of it. It has to be kickstand side down. This moves the remaining gas to the side the petcock is on for more fuel. I stood my bike back up and it fired right up. That's the trick to getting at least another mile out of a tank of gas. I made it back home and filled the tank up. I made it to work 2 minutes late.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's even worse or maybe better, with a 4.1 gallon Clarke tank. After installation I wanted to mark the level in gallon increments. I dumped in the first gallon and it almost didn't show on one side. I had to shake the bike from side to side to evenly distribute the gas across the hump. That can leave you with 1/2 or even 3/4 of a gallon reserve reserve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's even worse or maybe better, with a 4.1 gallon Clarke tank. After installation I wanted to mark the level in gallon increments. I dumped in the first gallon and it almost didn't show on one side. I had to shake the bike from side to side to evenly distribute the gas across the hump. That can leave you with 1/2 or even 3/4 of a gallon reserve reserve.
Do you like the Clarke tank? I’ve been thinking of getting one but just haven’t pressed the buy button yet. I’m trying to find out if it is aesthetically ok looking on the bike or if it looks out of place, I’ve only seen pics nothing first hand to make me want it now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got any pics?

I've installed a bunch of kickers and in my experience they seem to tuck in pretty nicely.
This is the best shot I took. Basically straight down. It points out vs in like most bikes I have had.
I can definitely see catching a pant leg on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Something is up with that kicker. Looking straight down mine aligns with the case cover. It shouldn't stick out like that. Can you push it in by hand? Maybe the boss stops are tweaked?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, problem solved. Pulled the kicker and introduced it to my grinder. The stops were too large so they got smaller until it tucks in like it should. Not real impressed with the quality but it beats not having a kicker.

6181 - 6200 of 6289 Posts