TW200 Forum banner

6441 - 6460 of 6497 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,427 Posts
Washed the white bike after Admiral got it all filthy yesterday. Then unboxed my new battery and promptly didn't install it. View attachment 213438

I got distracted and pulled out my camp gear tote and took inventory. I don't think I need to upgrade or replace anything. The Jerod Loop 2 is going to be retired. I've ordered the base for JL3, so stay tuned for that.
View attachment 213440

Here's an unsponsored plug for Dmada pouches. I picked up a couple last summer and was pretty impressed with the quality. Mine are the custom version but they have a lightweight version too. I like supporting local business when I can so I thought I'd give them a plug if you guys are interested. Trail Essentials Pouch - (Custom - 2 Week turnaround)
View attachment 213441
I have a brand new battery I bought last year for the XT350 that I promptly unpackaged and is still sitting on the shelf. Being no e-button it's not a priority for the XT. Someday!

Reactions: Mistervelocity

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yesterday I replaced the original brake pads. Think I got about all the goody out of them.

Wonder if I will even get half that many miles out of the replacements.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Marty

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Put the front end back on the 2015.
View attachment 213487
Trying to decide high fender or low.
May need to take a poll.
View attachment 213489
That thing looks mean!
I hope that is not the one you are bringing to the Goat Gathering!
It will scare all the Kids away.
Tough decision on the front fender.
Lower offers a little better protection for the rider from damp sticky sand on a dirt road.
High one looks tough and keeps all the Kids at bay.

But if all the Goats at The Gathering are old enough to have beards it wont matter.

Marty

·
Registered
951 Posts
I guess it comes down to if it will be accumulating any street miles..
And how much you like trying to scrub baked on mud off your
Engine and pipe..
High fender looks kooler.
Low fender keeps you and the bike dryer/cleaner ...
Since punishment is due .
I vote for the high fender..
Mike from NC

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
21,373 Posts
I would suggest a Hi-mount but with something like an Acerbis Supermoto in white

...or the even edgier Acrebis 21717

In my opinion if you increase the distance from axle to the fender then the new fender's radius should also be increased for esthetics. Stock fender looks and performs poorly up high compared to other options.
The additional length of a supermoto fender like the 21717 allows it to better function as a fender fending off tossed up rain, mud, sand and small furry animals.

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
467 Posts
Like the looks of the high, but as others mention....lose the keep stuff off 'ya bit.

I just know I want that White fender!! 😁

I'll go High to start.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I mowed around mine..

6441 - 6460 of 6497 Posts