TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6481 - 6500 of 6714 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
20210407_144111.jpg
20210407_151002.jpg
20210407_151033.jpg

New battery on order. New tires shortly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well, tapping the exhaust didn't work well as the end cap isn't uniform in shape. Just gave up and drilled an extra hole in the cap on each side, then safety wired it on and epoxy sealed the holes. Will probably replace with an aftermarket exhaust eventually, but this will do for now.

Also installed some stainless socket head cap screws on the carb float bowl, can be opened while on the bike now with an allen key. Also replaced the gasket, as the old one had stretched out and wouldn't fit anymore.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think I need to know more about that trailer.
5x10' Escapade, made in Minnesota. I had mine customized as a mix between mid-level features and a few suspension upgrades. 2' galley shelves, true queen size mattress, and 1' forward cabinets.

They only sell high-end models now, and of course they are expen$ive.

After Vail & Eisenhower Passes:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh, that's perfect. If I could get down to one less wife I'd go nomad.

Reactions: Pupsocket

·
Registered
236 Posts
Went out romping around some dirt roads and orchards today. Bottomed out the forks a couple times. Overall it handled great and I didn’t have a lot of issues with the death wing.. yet 💀. Going from one orchard to another, I was riding about 15mph and I see a fuckin steel cable slung across 2’ high about 4 feet in front of me, blocking the pathway. Slammed on the brakes, front tire knobs caught the cable and POPPED the front end up, bike slid over the cable. It had enough slack to almost touch the ground. Skid plate did its job but my freakin toes got caught under the cable while my feet were on the pegs. No injury, thankfully. Will be investing in riding boots soon.

All in all had a blast. Next weekend the mods start to go on.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Went out romping around some dirt roads and orchards today. Bottomed out the forks a couple times. Overall it handled great and I didn’t have a lot of issues with the death wing.. yet 💀. Going from one orchard to another, I was riding about 15mph and I see a fuckin steel cable slung across 2’ high about 4 feet in front of me, blocking the pathway. Slammed on the brakes, front tire knobs caught the cable and POPPED the front end up, bike slid over the cable. It had enough slack to almost touch the ground. Skid plate did its job but my freakin toes got caught under the cable while my feet were on the pegs. No injury, thankfully. Will be investing in riding boots soon.

All in all had a blast. Next weekend the mods start to go on. View attachment 213708
Glad it was toe high and not neck high

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
462 Posts

All in all had a blast. Next weekend the mods start to go on. View attachment 213708
I hit a cable when I was a teenager.
It was strung across a cattle gap on top of the Mississippi River levee. Was around 16 inches off the ground.
I was going 50plus mph on a 1971 Honda SL100.
My brother and brother-in-law were behind me. They said it wasn’t a pretty landing.
I don’t remember anything.

·
Registered
634 Posts
View attachment 213723
Booty shot of the now legal 2015(Scooterbrain notice the tag)
On the Natchez Trace. Took about a 20 mile ride north at a blistering 50mph. Dark thirty before I got back to the house.
Man I don’t remember the bugs being so bad this time of year.
Ahhhh.....someone's b'day month! Happy belated B'day?.....or soon to be?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I had my first real bike ride since my little wreck 6 weeks ago. Rode my scratched up Burgman scooter 80 miles to Costco and back. Packed $240 worth of groceries home to the bride.

It was great to be upright and cruising. My Son, Jake rode part way with me on my TW200... I'm legal on this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I had my first real bike ride since my little wreck 6 weeks ago. Rode my scratched up Burgman scooter 80 miles to Costco and back. Packed $240 worth of groceries home to the bride.

It was great to be upright and cruising. My Son, Jake rode part way with me on my TW200... I'm legal on this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Either that Burgman has lots of storage or you buy expensive stuff. If I run to the store on my bike with a backpack I usually only end up with $20.-$30.00 spent. Another way a bike can save you money.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Either that Burgman has lots of storage or you buy expensive stuff. If I run to the store on my bike with a backpack I usually only end up with $20.-$30.00 spent. Another way a bike can save you money.
When I go to Aldi's I use a book bag for a shopping bag when it's full I'm done...
I check out toss it in the trailer and go home

·
Registered
143 Posts
It was cold and raining when I got up this morning, so I figured it was a good time to give my TW a good cleaning. I checked and lubed the chain, gave some fittings and cables a few drops of oil, gave the bike a good once over to check for loose bolts or other issues, and then thoroughly cleaned and waxed the bike.

·
Registered
509 Posts
New battery on the blue bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Taught my girlfriend how to ride a motorcycle on the Tdub today!! She’s 5’2 so it’s still pretty tall for her, but she is getting down using the clutch fairly well. It was all just stopping and going practice today, not shifting just yet. Had a little bit of whiskey throttle at one point, she drifted off into an alfalfa crop field and was blaring through the ruts 😂😂. Didn’t drop the bike though, she hit the kill switch and brought the bike to a stop. Handled it like a champ. Need to find a bigger flat field so she can work on changing gears. She understands the theory, just not in practice yet. Getting her a head start for the MSF in a couple weeks!

6481 - 6500 of 6714 Posts